Overview of him: going through 3-5 years of self-love therapists. has ex from years ago who dumped him and married someone else for more money.

Overview of our 3 year relationship: met through online dating. he was the one to contact me and continue to ask me on dates.

My current ex is highly insecure and hyper sensitve. we are off and on because whenever he has his 'episodes' he PRE-emptly breaks up with me. He'll first BEG ME TO STAY WITH HIM and says he fears i'm going to leave him for someone richer. I tell him how much I like him and that I have no intention of leaving him.

Shortly after (couple days), a random guy may hit on me when we're all at a bar AND I PAY NO ATTENTION and leave the area. Then he'll start acting crazy and DUMP me that night and say that HE DOESN"T want to be with me. THEN calls the next day and acts like everything is fine and almost seems to act like he never dumped me! THIS CYCLE has repeated itself like 4 times.

He will still call me and ask to hang out. FYI- not sleeping with him at all on our off times. So HE IS NOT USING ME FOR SEX, bc there is nothing, no kissing.

X-MAS: . HE insists we meet on CHRISTMAS. He attempts to show up near my familys home(never was there before) on xmas to suprise me but gets confused and showed up 45 min away. HE THOUGHT he was near my house. He calls me up asking me Where he should go?? I KNOW that he is not near my house, so i'm just like I don't know go to a coffee shop until I can meet you at my apartment(1 hr away from my parents house.)

we finally meet at my apartment and he's acting all pissy and crazy. leaves after 10 min and says he has other places to go. I get mad and he says' WELL I WAS BY YOUR PARENtS HOUSE, WHY WOULDN"t YOU INVITE ME THERE?' I do not realize that he was in the wrong location, and keep saying YOU WERE NOT NEAR MY HOUSE, WHY WOULD I? we end up parting separate ways, mad at eachother.

I try to explain the next day that if he was near my house, i would have invited him over to my parents for xmas. I didn't want to email him a map b/c that might make him feel stupid.

He gets mad at me and says I'm the crazy one who insisted on seeing him and can't get over him. he won't admit what he tried to do on x-mas now.

NOW:

I've tried to keep calling and i think maybe he'll just pretend nothing has happened. I think he just feels super embarrased about everything.

what should I do??? I love him and i know he loves me too, even though he's too scared to admit it.