+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this real love?

Is this real love?

Here is my story..I turned 18 in april 2009 and in Aug 2009 I met a 30 year old man and we were saying I love you in a few weeks..we have fun, we get along.He just ended his 6 year long relationship with a woman his age.
    he broke up with me cause he was confused, So I moved back to Ohio. 3 days later he said he didnt want to be with her, He wanted me and drove 800 miles to see me..She the ex was furious, but ever since Nov he visited me and flew to Ohio for xmas. Then since my family is against the idea, I moved back to Florida with him, but everyone thinks the problem is (he is collecting unemployment,college student, addicted to methadone from a pain pill addiction, lives with his parents) So now I am living with him in his bedroom in his parents house, I got a part time job, but no car, he drives me everywhere.
    Soon as money is better we plan on getting an apartment.
    I need input from others about the situation to see if I should continue. I am in love with him and he says he is in love with me. He left the ex behind who had a house,car,job for me So he must love me. Or am I a rebound sex play toy?
    Advice anyone Thanks

I think he's very immature and is using you as an escape to not have to act his age. Living vicariously through your younger age. No woman his own age would want to date him. He needs to get his shit together.

Are you really happy living in a bedroom, far away from your family? At 18 years old your worries should be about how you did on your finals or what your plans are for Friday night. Don't waste your younger years on a guy like him.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?