+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I catch you staring at me, and vice verse. What are your expectations ladies?

I catch you staring at me, and vice verse. What are your expectations ladies?

Alright... as my thread states, after a male and female exchange eye contact from across a room... and you don't know eachother... what do you honestly expect after this 'phase'?

Do you expect the guy to get up off his chair, walk right up to you... and introduce himself?

Where exactly is this fine line drawn? I want to do this so bad but don't want to do something utterly stupid. I dont feel that simply walking up to a lady after we catch eachother staring a few times would be a good idea... but I dunno, tell me ladies!

Hmmm, it kinda depends on the environment but if it's like a café or a disco, walking up to her would be no problem I think. If you read the signs right you don't have to worry about seeming stupid. Oh and just for the record when a guy does something stupid and it makes us laugh that's never a bad thing At least you got her attention right ?
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

send over a shot! Or just walk up and ask if her name is Sara- she'll say no- and just say that she looks just like your friend's cousin, sister, whatever. Make the move, though- girls hate it when they make it obvious with lots of eye contact and smiles and you guys just sit there, like "duh".....

I get caught in this situation all the time. I'll be walking by a line up of people at the grocery store and some girl will suddenly give me that stunned gaze, but what can I do, I'll look at her and we will make eye contact and then I will look forward and it ends there. This happens probably 1-2 a week, I have a hard time approaching people I don't know

The worst is this girl who works at the gym, we've been in this awkward situation for months now. She has looked at me as I walk in, smiled and looked me square in the eye the few occasions that we've briefly spoke, and one time I saw her outside of work from afar and she continuously looked my way as she walked by, sort of staring at the ground where I was. I still haven't done anything, and shes seen me talk to other girls in front of her (girls im not so attracted to), the last time I walked in its as if she made an effort not to look at me. Its tearing up my insides

You should just talk to her with a question as simple as "Hey, do you have the time?" and then continue the conversation from there like "So, you come here often?". Just DON'T be like "I caught your gaze a couple of times and I thought i will introduce myself" which makes you seem creepy and too interested at first. Keep in mind, she might not be interested. So, it is best to be neutral in the initial stages. Feel her out before you make a move.

Or just do the, "you look like someone..." that is a great way to strike up an innocent appearing conversation! Doesn't appear like you are being too player-ish- just friendly and curious and confident enough to strike up the conversation with someone that you haven't met yet- making an impression that you possess three great qualities in an instant.