+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she tells me shes not sure what shes feeling...

she tells me shes not sure what shes feeling...

so i been in a relationship with this girl for a while now, am 21 shes 20, so far ive felt our relationship was a very strong one,we get along very well,spent few days at her place and things were looking up,she always tells me how much she misses me when am not around n how strong she feels about me etc, and just when i thought yes thats exactly how i feel too maybe ur ''the one'', she hits me with ''am not sure what is this feeling, i have doubts,i dont think its love, its just begining of our relationship(been 4 months)maybe its just lust and it might fade away if we moved in together,i need some time to decide'' you can imagine how crap i felt about that. i dont know what to say or do now, i havent told her how i felt about what she said yet, am i over reacting? lol i really want a future with her,i know my feelings only grows stronger not fade. some advise plsss appreciated!

Hmm! Well its the beginning of your relationship and well Idk maybe that scared her. You could wait a little while before scaring her like that. Me and my boyfriend been dating for 3 months and we want a future together and I know we do.
    Anyways I'd give her some time she will eventually come around

I think the only thing you need right now is patience. Patience with letting her figure out what she wants. Just because she needs time, doesn't mean she doesn't care for you. Sometimes things in life can be very distracting especially at this age (I'm 21 too). There are a lot of things that need to be determined in life and committing to someone does have a big impact on the end results of the choices we make.

The problem is not that she had doubts but that you have no doubts? Insecurity felt. If you leave a space available you may have doubts that her doubts eat in a constant balance

okies, so you're both young. I'm not holding that against yous or anything, but perhaps she hasn't felt so strongly about anyone before, or had someone feel so strongly about her too.

To me it would seem kind of quick to be deciding you're wanting to spend forever with her. I'm not saying it never happens, but that for me I'd be thinking *woah*. Things like that you have to be absolutely certain about before you tell the other person how you feel. She's probably wanting to make sure it's right. In fact, it makes me commend her a little bit for being sensible about it, and not getting carried away with things too much.(not that you're getting carried away, but she's not saying what you want to hear for the sake of it, or to make you happy.)

That being said, it doesn't sound like she's pulled away, or said *we're moving too fast* or anything like that. That's often when the other person doesn't feel happy about how things are going, so they drop a mini bomb suggesting a break or to see less of each other. So I don't see anything negative about her comments.

So yeah, I'm agreeing with KellBell and LovingMyMan. Have patience, and let her say her feelings in her own time-and without too much pressure.

And don't feel crap! She didn't run for the hills!
    Last edited by Charisma; 27-06-10 at 09:07 AM.