+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I approach this?

How do I approach this?

Saturday night I was out with this guy I have been seeing for about 3 months. We went to one of the Bars he is familiar with to see a band. I knew no one. Every time he spoke to someone (including a few women) he knew he would turn his back to me and have the conversation. So, I couldn't see his face or the other woman's. He never introduced me to anyone. For the majority of the night he was right next to me, until he saw someone he knew. Then he would move away. One of the women was literally touching him (in the stomach area). After that, I gave him the "time to leave" look. Then I noticed when we got back to his house, at 1 am, he was getting text messages. Usually he tells me who he's talking to. Not this time. I'm convinced it was the girl from the bar. Other than being really quiet i said nothing to him about it. I was really uncomfortable with the whole night.

The reason I didn't say anything to him that night was because we were both drinking. I had actually drank quite a bit. I didn't want to say a bunch of stupid stuff that I didn't mean to say cause I was angry. Up until that point, he had been completely respectful towards me throughout the last 3 months. We haven't had any disagreements. We get a long amazingly, and the chemistry is out of this world! I just have this bad gut feeling that there is something wrong, but I don't know if its just because of past issues. Before this happened I really thought I was in love with this guy. I can actually see a future with him, and that's huge for me. He has text me like mad the last couple days. More than usual. So, I think he realized I wasn't happy. I still havent brought it up. I have no clue what to do??

Just bring it up- like, "listen, I know this is a funny question, but I was just wondering your take on the status of our relationship- are we exclusive? because if not, I was asked out yesterday and am thinking of going out on this date- I like you and respect you enough to be honest with you, I just don't want to assume that we are more than what we actually are".

Well, from a guys point of view... Lulu definitely has a good point... Just bring it up... although I don't know if I'd say that you were asked out... that, not only, might make him a little jealous and it could be taken the wrong way. But just bring it up casually and just ask him who that was and if next time he would introduce you to others as well.

Also, casually, at a later time, maybe a week or so, you can ask him if you guys are exclusive or not.

Yeah- maybe I have a bit of "game-player" in me- more than I realized! Ugh...

Just ask him. If you havent asked him then he thinks you guys dont want to be exclusive. tummy touching just means i slept with her before.