+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: were you fit astrologically with your ex?

were you fit astrologically with your ex?

just curious, never believed in it..but after the break up, for some reason i started to research this all astrology thing and read that our match was one of the worst compatibilities when it comes to astrology (im aquarius she is cancer)
    what about you guys? did you match astrologically?

i have a curiosity. i don't tend to 'not believe' in something full stop, i tend to be open. my ex and i were the worst match astrologically both times in fact with my ex before that too. lol. i still learned a lot by being with them and don't regret the relationships for a second.

did you hear the sun has been having a lot more activity recently, infact just the last few days and before that there was nothing for over a century....
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 29-01-10 at 09:01 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Astrology is just another excuse if things go bad.

Women tend to need clear cut excuses like that.

As if, "sorry, but I researched our family trees and we have a great great grandparent coupling around 1842, so we can't be lovers anymore. We're family now" isn't enough.

Then she goes rifling through the history books looking for anything to discredit your statement until the point she realizes that you're an arsehole... which easily lends itself to the sine, trine, etc comparisons of astrology, where she finally has that definitive, "reason" for "why? oh why oh why?"

I had a gf once born a few days apart from me. Apparently we clashed because of our charts and not because she was a self centred egomaniacal hose beast.

Ditch the astrology. It's carpetbagging goods for the dating scene.

Funny you should mention this, I was just writing about this is my thread. I am going through a heartbreak, and he is Gemini, and I reading all this bad staff about them as in their attitude, fickleness and child like manner. I am sure there are some nice geminis out there, but it seems to fit him to a T.
    I am not sure I believe that you astorology sign defines you totally as a person. Maybe it influences you, but it is up to you, as we have a free will, to control the bad parts we all have in our personalities.

I agree with Doc Durian, we look to astrology and fortune tellers when we are looking for answers that we are not getting. I can say today listen to "your" gut feeling. Take the emotions out of it and look at it for what it is.

I can only say that now because of the help of the people in this forum.

I recently found I -was-.

Cancer and Pisces are love.

And how would you explain it if you and your partner were to break up, David V.?

Would you scrutinize the charts more deeply and reverse engineer some sort of reasoning from an aspect or ascendant?

I say screw Astrology. At the first sign of a prospective partner or partner being into Astrology, I ditch the moon unit quick smart.

Plus there are the other unwanted aspects to astrology.. often the same people who delve into astrology are the same ones who arrange stones, crystals, dream catchers, incense holders, and the like around domiciles.

They're also known to plaster "Magic Happens" or "Explore Wicca, Lick a Witch" bumperstickers on their bubble cars.

Quote Originally Posted by David V. View Post
    I recently found I -was-.

Cancer and Pisces are love.
    my guy and i are an astrological fit. i'm a pisces on the cusp of aries and he's a cancer on the cusp of leo. so we're both water signs on the cusp of fire signs.

i don't know if this is why we're a good pair but it's quite a coincidence, you know?
    Last edited by misombra; 29-01-10 at 10:15 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

and you believe in ghosts doc?!

i'd believe astrology quicker than i'd believe ghosts.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Largely I care little about astrology, but it pained me to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    and you believe in ghosts doc?!

i'd believe astrology quicker than i'd believe ghosts.
    Ghosts or spirits exist. I've already mentioned my dealings with some awhile ago, Eco.

Show me anything tangible from astrology.. anything which proves astrology has some truth to it.

You can't.

Ghosts- 1
    Astrology - 0

the planets are alive, science shows that we are all connected plants, animals, the earth- down to the atom. water is affected by magnetic forces and we are made of majority of water. i'd say it's more tangible. however i'm sure you believe ghosts are real. i'm open to both. altho my theory on ghosts are: they are pre-recordings replayed in the mind.

Astrology is so vague, it could fit anyone to a tee.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

exactly

It's a false coping device.

It's more on a matter of interests. Try not to find things like this to take the blame for a break-up. I agree some people are more compatible than others, but they don't rely on astrologies or horoscopes to dictate their future together.
    Just needa move on from it ): it may be easier to cope thinking it, but it isn't healthy to find what million other things could be the problem, when you need to just look inside the relationship and over look how each other was acting. It's usually both sides reacting, but sometimes you'll see one side more than the other.
    I noticed after I got over the saddness of my breakup, I blame it.. on the way I was acting, I'd have left too if I was dating someone like me. Makes it easier for others to get along with you afterwords (:

Quote Originally Posted by Blackey View Post
    just curious, never believed in it..but after the break up, for some reason i started to research this all astrology thing and read that our match was one of the worst compatibilities when it comes to astrology (im aquarius she is cancer)
    what about you guys? did you match astrologically?

My ex was a scorpio and I'm cancer... according to astrology those two sides are highly compatible... though we never really got along and the relationship was miserable.

My current boyfriend is Aquarius and I'm Cancer and we get along rather well. Surprisingly for an Aquarius sign, he's the one who keeps me grounded.

So you have to wonder, how much stock are your really going to put into floating balls of gas, plasma, and rock?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast