+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She stopped talking to me... For no reason.

She stopped talking to me... For no reason.

Hey,

Me and a friend have had feelings towards eachother for a while now but we said it would be best to leave it as friends... We spent as much time together as we could and when we werent together we were texting or on the phone.. She told me last year that she had been to the doctors and they said she had cancer, throught the time she was in hospital I visited her every day, spent as much time as I possibly could as the thought of losing her just made me feel... I actually don't know what I felt but it wasn't nice... For the past couple of weeks she has started ignoring me, like I'll text her and she wont answer, I'll talk to her in person and she'll talk to some one else or try to get away... I do tend to have trust issues and I can say I trusted her 90% so to think that after all we've been through she would just cut me out of her life leaves me speechless... I don't want to cut her out of my life because I actually love her, and I see her every day which makes it so much worse...

Any one have some advice? Will be greatly appreciated..

Adam.

Just look at her actions. You know her well enough and know that she doesn't want to talk to you or tries to find some way out of it.

Of course, she couldn't just come out and say that, she would feel guilty or bad about it. So as much as it hurts, you will just have to leave her alone and find other things to do with your free time. Hang out with other friends that will enjoy your company and not take it for granted as she is seemingly doing. There are many reasons why she could be giving you the cold shoulder, but if she isn't giving you any there is no point in really wondering about it. Maybe you could look at yourself and see if you were around too much. If it were say a guy friend and you weren't in love with him, would you give him the same treatment? Just some things to mull over.

But yeah, basically you just have to leave her alone and maybe she will miss what she had before. I know your devotion to her was very thoughtful and kind, she is lucky to have somebody in her life care about her that much. But if she doesn't want to be you, no matter what you do will not change her mind on this. Give her time apart to miss you is all I can really tell you.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Complete break downs of communication without a verbalized reason first could indicate that she wants to be left alone because she has a personal problem she can only deal with and your friendship brought its onset, for better or worse. Any more dealings with you could destabilize what she feels she needs to do, for better or worse again.

And/or she's scared of something between you and can't say aloud what it is.

or she's got a wicked toying streak in her nature which she hides well.

Whatever it is, it's selfish and cruel, regardless.

So roll up your swag and make tracks in the opposite direction. If she doesn't chase you down and come clean reasonably early in your new journey, write her off and change your contact details if you can.

For being such good friends, she's stuffed up.

Make alternate arrangements.