+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Ex bf still likes me

My Ex bf still likes me

My ex boyfriend who I went out with more than 4 yrs ago has told me he still likes me. We have been hanging out occasionally but not really alone. Usually his friends are there with us. The only reason I've hung out with him is because I see him as a total friend. I have a bf so if I still had feelings for him I would not even go there. But I have no feelings left for him, I'm not even attracted to him anymore. I went out with him in H.S...Anywho...he says he doesn't see me as a friend and that he is falling for me again. I backed off a little so that he wouldn't get those feelings. He knows I have a bf and that I've been having problems with him. He was there for me when me and my bf almost broke up..but we didn't end up breaking up and he has hope that we will break up now. He told me if I don't break up with him that he can't talk to me anymore. I just wanted to be friends. I feel upset because all this time has passed..I thought he was over me already. He has dated and gone out with other girls since the time we broke up but has not had a decent long lasting relationship since us..and he is kinda putting some pressure on me, and making me feel guilty about that. He says it's not fair and that it's easier for girls to get guys. I don't get that but anyway..should I just not talk to him for a while? I value his friendship, he is a really good friend to me and I to him so I don't want to lose touch with him. What should I do ?

If you have no feelings or attractions towards him that way, why are you asking for advice? He's given you an ultimatum. Leave your bf and get with him or your friendship is over too.

Should be an easy choice.

Doc I think she's saying that she has no feelings for her ex.

Sweetheart, if you have no feelings for your ex and he's just being an ass trying to get you to break up, tell him that he's a home wrecker and you'll gladly spend time away from him since that's what he wants so much. I will add that you're putting stress on your boyfriend by spending time with an ex who still wants you and is actively trying to crack the relationship. He may have already created some fractures.

On the other hand if I misread and Doc has the right impression, then I humbly withdraw my advice lol

Thanks. No I don't have feelings for him whatsoever. I'm in love with my bf..don't know if that will work out but even if my bf and me did break up I still would not get with my ex. I only like him as a friend. I guess I will stop talking to him then.

Easy choice indeed.

You can't blame him for putting him first in this and wanting what he wants or nothing at all. Unfortunately, it seems like a kind of underhanded way to get back in the picture and not a way to start a new relationship. It makes him seem that being there for you is really only in his interest and he doesn't really care about you. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right.

Did you tell him that you only see him as a friend now and are not attracted to him that way anymore? If you haven't, give him that dose of truth. It should have him turn tail and run. He'll dissapear, and it'll be apparent that he didn't value a friendship with you.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.