+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I Just being the knight in shining armour again?

Am I Just being the knight in shining armour again?

Okay heres the story. two days ago my little brother had his best friend round my house..I was babysitting them when this kids older sister comes to collect him. My lil bro and his friend start whining about not wanting to go and they have more things to do..so I invite her in to wait for them to finish...offer her a hot chocolate just to fill the silence and we kind of sit theyre awkwardly for a while before she struck up a conversation...we got on Wonderfully , same music ,,same views..she flirted in a kind of sarcastic , bordering on mean but not quite way...and it was really great. After about forty minutes the conversation descended into her messed up life...boyfriend thats a jerk and relapse of an old depression ,and I listened and was sympathetic blah blah. Anyways said goodbye ,they left and she added me on facebook the next day. Talked again ,,started with normal stuff ,****ed up parties we'd been to , funny stories...then descended again into the various problems in both our lives..but this time my own domestic issues as well..which was slightly unusual.

Anyway my friends tell me I have a pattern for being the pathological rescuer type...only going after damaged girls..which I admit is kinda fair. On the other hand this girl is so perfect , so like me that my best mate joked she must be a figment of my imagination...so Im not sure what to do. I mean I know she has a lot of trouble with her boyfriend at the moment , and she seemed genuinely nice on the one hand.On the other every girl I've been out with thats had problems before has ended up using me as some sort of freebie therapist/Sex toy and then dumped me for some Asshole a week or two later. Its probably a no brainer but it does it sound like she's genuinely interested or just after someone to talk to? I could go either way on my own and Im kinda biased

Thanks!
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

if you're a pathological rescuer type, this definitely fits into what is typical for you, seemingly. You seem pretty jazzed up about her though so maybe you should give it a shot. Everyone has problems so unless you've not mentioned her more f'd up problems, she sounds relatively normal too.

She used to self harm apparently - That was the biggest alarm bell for me- shoulda mentioned.Still cheers - I should probbers just shoot for it anyway , if it does follow the pattern then I wont exactly be surprised
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Ehh, sounds like she just needs someone to talk to bro. Just dont rush anything with her man. Everyone has issues and you sound like the "good listener type". There's nothing wrong with that. Just be a friend for her now, sounds like thats what she needs right now. Seeing as how she does have a bf at the moment I wouldnt look too deeply into anything with her right now.

Thanks for helping me with my problem, so I'll try to help with yours. Women in damaged relationships never really get over the problem by switching boyfriends. The baggage fromt he last relationship will go into the next. There is nothing wrong with talking to her and maybe flirting, but please refrain from getting into a relationship with her, If she does break up with him talk to her but slowly allow her to regain her bearing and to become her normal self. Then after this period of time if things still click Why not go for it. As of now I wouldn't! you might just be a rebound. (And those are always doomed)