+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girlfriend wants to meet ex need help!!!

girlfriend wants to meet ex need help!!!

well we have been on in this relationship since the new year. right nw we are jus friends as she needed some more time to move over her ex.
    since 2 days all of a sudden she is missin her ex badly, and she has been getting angry with me due to the same reason.
    yesterday she told me that she wanted to atleast see her ex once and want to know the reason explicitly why their relationship ended, till then she wont have her peace of mind, right now i dont know what should i do???
    so what should i do? what should i tell her????

Your not very clear here...did you ask her out and she shot you down saying she needed time to get over her ex? If your not going out with her its not really your business if she goes to see him...she probably wants him back.It doesnt sound like she wants you really. you cant stop her going to see her ex , but if she comes back and all of a sudden wants to be with you properly then your nothing more than a rebound my friend.

Also...when did she break up with this guy?
    Last edited by gartlas; 03-02-10 at 10:08 AM.
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Quote Originally Posted by excentric View Post
    well we have been on in this relationship since the new year. right nw we are jus friends as she needed some more time to move over her ex.
    It sounds like you've only been together for a couple of weeks and are not in a relationship any more. As such she can do what she likes, pretty much. To help us give you a better advice you may want to answer the following:

1. How long was she in a relationship with her ex?
    2. How long ago did they split?
    3. For what reasons?
    4. How old are the two of you?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

alright
    she was in a relationship for almost a year with her ex. ( her ex happens to be my best friend)
    they split last year july
    he believed she was immature, while leavin her he did not specify the reason explicitly but he did explain me why he left her.

well the new year eve, she herself committed herself to me.
    seeing her ex, she meant that she wanted some answers to unanswered questions, like wht went wrong and stuff
    since 3 days she is really confused whether she should move ahead with me in a relationship, cause i guess she has lost trust, she just said me yesterday that there is no romance/ love left in me.
    well today she has some work regarding college somewhere and she herself wants me to come with her.
    i had a conversation with her best friend, her best friend told me that she definitely likes me but she is confused a lot ...

she doesnt want him back but she wants to clear sm things which are pinching her

and yea she said that she needed me but she needs some time to get over it.
    we are also gonna hang out like @ go karting and stuff this weekend
    Last edited by excentric; 03-02-10 at 11:59 AM.

She needs to get over her ex first. And she doesn't want to jump into a relationship with you before she does that. Which is good for both of you. Just be her friend for now.

Quote Originally Posted by excentric View Post
    and yea she said that she needed me but she needs some time to get over it.
    we are also gonna hang out like @ go karting and stuff this weekend
    That's fair enough then. Give her sometime and don't push her one way or the other. To make it easier for yourself take a break from her altogether for awhile and then pick up later on after she had her closure.

Though, there is a risk she may not move on and then you will have to bite the bullet and leaver her completely.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

ok i played the gamble and made them meet. initially she was mad at me becoz i did this but later, she thanked me and said , i guess i am relieved.
    the bottom line is that she needs some more time. following my friends(her ex) advice i am jus acting as a friend and being very caring to her, like she reached home etc...he says he is confident that we both will move ahead in the relationship.
    she however made sm plans like going out next week out somewhere, etc.
    the thing is that she told me that her ex asked her to meet alone somewhere and that he would call or something, also that he wants to come in her life back again but he wont bcoz of me, to which she replied to him no way/ chance. the things saod above never happened , my friend nvr told her that, i mean she is telling me that he tried to come back and she replied an absolute no.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    F*CK THAT SHIT.... the reason why she is giving you shit is because she isn't over her ex. she is still looking for closure from her past, which is why she still can't let go. i'll be blunt with you. she basically wants to know if there is still a chance that they will get back together. if she was fine with him dumping her, then it would be over. however, sadly you are stuck with the shitty end of the deal. in the end, it's really up to you as to how much you want to put up with this girl. personally i don't like being the fall back guy, and i would ditch this because she doesn't realize what she has now, and i wouldn't wait for her to realize it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...