+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "Drinks with a friend" What does this mean?

"Drinks with a friend" What does this mean?

So long story short I get involved with this girl who ive known for years and I have a past with. She breaks up with her boyfriend and she comes to me. Her and I get physical and start hanging out. Then the ex tells her he cheated on her when they dated and she tells me she needs time to figure herself out. Which I respect

So we speak once every few days. last night she gets ahold of me. She tells me how shes working out, feeling confident and generally feeling better. She also tells me she didnt want me to think she forgot about me. That part made me happy.

She did also say that on saturday shes "going for drinks with a friend." She told me this on Wednesday, seems early to plan out drinks with a friend. I know a lot of her friends and i feel like she would have mentioned who it was. So I think its a guy. Clearly shes allowed to do this and there isnt much I can do, but should I be worried? Shes never been the type to go out and get physical for no reason, yet as a guy I know how most guys think. I didnt bother to ask her if it was actually a guy but I feel like saying "friend" and not "friend from work" or something indicates she doesnt want to tell me. Almost like she left it intentionally vague.

So am I just being paranoid or is it possible she's seeing someone else? Keep in mind when her and I were together she told me she's had a thing for me for 10 years.

Friend could be anyone, really. Maybe she didn't mention who because you don't know the person. I often plan weekends way ahead of time, so I think that's normal. I don't see a problem in just asking casually who she's going for drinks with. If I told a guy I was seeing that I was going out for drinks, I would want him to ask who I was going with - just casually - because it shows that he's interested.

thats fair. We're also at a point though where me asking a question like that might freak her out. Her last boyfriend was the ultra jealous type. Plus like I mentioned she told me she needed her space and that our "relationship" was too much for her to deal with emotionally. So I feel like me asking would just make it seem like too much since shes in this "im finding myself out" mode and I told her I would respect that. Im trying to show her that I trust her I suppose.

Hm, I see your point. Next time you speak to her just say "Have fun with your friend on Saturday!" and she should respect that. She might even tell you then who she's going with. If she's not ready emotionally to be more invested in a relationship with you, I can't see how she would be with anyone else either. Sometimes girls like to go out on dates because it makes them feel good, but it doesn't mean she'll do anything (if it is a guy that she's going out with). I'd trust her and try to show her that.

your being paranoid.. but hey at least your not being naive.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You even say you don't know all her friends... so this very well could be a long lost one from highschool.

I think you're being paranoid. Everything in your post points to she likes you, she just needs a little more time and space for a while.

She's going out with a friend boy, girl it doesn't matter. Sounds like she's just hanging out with a friend. You've got nothing to worry about.

And I'll plan coffee with a friend like 3 weeks in advance. Some friend dates must be set up far in advance.