+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forced Break up!

Forced Break up!

i am 18 and still live at home and i need help! i have no job and my rents hate my boyfriend so they made us break up! they will not let me even talk to him or text him or anything! i dont know what to do my heart is broke in two!

You should tell us why they hate him.

You should also get a job. Not that I have a job, but my parents are cool.
    Last edited by SirWagginston; 05-02-10 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWagginston View Post
    Not that I have a job, but my parents are cool.
    lol..nice one SW.

OP. You are still young and you have to obey by your parents rules as long as you're with them. If you get a job maybe they will go a little easier on you plus you can have more of a life.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

If you get a job you could get revenge on your parents by moving into a small apartment with him, assuming he also has a job.

Are you out of high school? If you are already out of school then get a job. Start paying all your own bills. Get your own cell phone and pay for it. Get your own little place or find some roommates and start living your own life. If you're under their roof then you have to kind of respect their rules, don't have to like them but if they are putting food in your mouth then you can't say much.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Yeah, no guy girl is worth that in my opinion.. I mean i think your parents maybe wrong in this case (assuming there isn't something you not telling us, like oh, hes the biggest coke dealer in your town), but moving out at 18 is suuuupperrr expensive.. especially if you are planning to actually go somewhere in life and getting post-secondary education.

Its not impossible or anything, if happens all the time that people pay for school by working and studying part time however if you have the ability to stay at your parents, the benefits of not taking on tons of debt while still living at home is invaluable...

So unless your are pretty sure this is a guy is the real deal, which at 18 means you dont, i would prolly stay at home and keep receiving your parents financial help.

To be honest, that's a road I would be really tempted to go down, too. But then I would give mom the middle finger as soon as I moved out.