+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she interested?

Is she interested?

Ok so I have a question here. This one is actually goin out for one of my friends because I don't know what to tell him.

The situation is like this: boy meets amazing girl and is captivated by her smile. They talk, sparks fly, apparently there is some chemistry! They talk a bit, they exchange numbers, they text. He invites her to a party, she says maybe but doesn't show. He asks her to coffee and she indirectly turns him down, saying that she actually prefers Mocha. He decides to not pressure her and doesn't pursue the issue. He sees her the next day in class and they talk and smile and laugh, nothing is weird, it's great. Then, he's talking about his classes and says that he's going to spend all day in the library on FRIDAY. And she immediately pipes up and says that she will join him.

So I was like oh! Because at first it looked like she wasn't interested in anything more than friendship and didn't want to give him the wrong idea. But now she's actively going out of her way to hang out with him even though it's a boring as sin activity. So...is she interested?
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

To me, it sounds like she is interested, but maybe she is being more careful; Coffee or whatever may seem like a date or something like that, but meeting in the library may seem like a more 'low-end' thing to do. Just wait and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Sounds pretty good, maybe she was playing hard to get to see if he was really interested but he just needs to show her that he's still interested and see where things go
    ~The 3 things needed for Happiness: Something to do, Something to love and something to hope for.~

I am no expert, take everything I say with a large grain of salt.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337lizard View Post
    He asks her to coffee and she indirectly turns him down, saying that she actually prefers Mocha.
    This means no. She is perfectly aware that "coffee" means anything they sell at a coffee store. Tea, mocha, latte, coffee, all included.

I call her a game player. She isn't interested, he backed off she comes running. She will stick around until he asks her out again to which she will politely decline (again). He will take his clue and not press. But within a week or so she'll be back "wondering what he's up to this weekend." Repeat process until your buddy cuts her off comepletly.

I would just say something at the library about doing something in few days and see if she pipes up again or just ask if she wants to go. Maybe she had something going on and made a "joke" instead of telling you her alternative plans. To tell you guys the truth- all the men that I have fallen for the hardest were the ones that I blew off initially- they were persistent and that helped win me over!

Yeah she blew him off with the library thing but messaged him telling him that she would let him know what the night holds in case he wanted to go out. Poor bloke got blown off from that too. So I told him to drop her. She doesn't deserve his attention if she's blowing him off left and right without any sort of explanation.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

Oh....that's messed up- I hate when people do stuff like that.

That's not right of her to lead him on and then blow him off. Tell your friend to ignore her.

Here's the real deal

The reason why she blew your friend off repeatedly is that she was not interested in anything more than friendship in the first place.
    All the 'signals' that you mentioned - Party? Not sure...Coffee? I prefer mocha...Library? Ok, I'll be there...- these are not signs of
    interest. It's just a girl being fickle (not all are, ok) or just 'testing the waters' with your friend. It's nothing serious.

For a girl to seriously consider a guy as a bf, the relationship has to be deeper than just laughs, exchanging numbers or messages
    and going out once in a while. There has got to be doing things together, being able to meaningfully benefit each other, encouraging
    each other...stuff like that. Only when your friend has had such shared experiences with a girl, then when he asks her out for a
    date, you'll find that her response will be very different. If she also feels some attraction, she will say yes. If not, she'll say no.
    There will not be the "...not sure...I prefer..." type of responses.