+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1 year anniversary poem...Is it good enough?

1 year anniversary poem...Is it good enough?

This year has meant so much to me, when I look back you brought me the most beautiful memories, without you I would have never felt love, never would have felt your warm heart against my own, your the first thing on my mind when I wake up, the last when I go to sleep.

You took my breath away, not with a kiss but the love that you instilled upon me, with a smile that made me feel complete, you’re my opposite, together with you I am whole, nothing can hurt the love that we created so beautifully.

I never laid my eyes upon someone so amazing, every time I look at you, the world around me disappears, all I see is the love of my life staring back at me, the bad in the world just disappears, your eyes, your smile, your whole being takes me away.

I know that I will never be alone , with you I know my heart belongs, you are the angel that feel upon me, changed my life, made me believe that we are meant to be in love eternally.

Happy One Year Anniversary

Do you think its good enough, is there any errors with anything in it...I'm usually not so crazy about errors but its kinda more meaningful because of the date.

Well, don't worry about it being good enough, poetry could never be bad enough or good enough when your writing it to a special someone and expressing your feelings because thats the most importand part of, now in a poetry contest, well thats a diferent story lol

Good job though, felt a lot of emotion, etc, I am sure she will melt when she/he reads it.

I agree with Joey.. don't worry about it being good enough, the importance it's truly you..your love for her goes beyond the words can say..

Good work dude.. I believe she will melt.
    "Love reminds you that nothing else matters."
    Amy Bushell

She cried when she read it, I think I did alright :-D , Said she loved it. I made a nice looking border in photoshop and framed it, she hung it in her room :-)

Your forum really do not in general.

Writing a wedding anniversary poem or verse will be one of the most memorable gifts that your spouse will ever receive on any anniversary! First of all they will be surprised that you even knew how to write verse and they will not be a critic, but they may tear up, so be prepared for that.

Thank you for the tender words

thank for your sharing.

Yeah it's good. The lines are pretty long, though.