+ Follow This Topic

Thread: valentines

valentines

Valentines Day

I've been thinking about it today as I guess all the TV adverts will be plugging the Day to get you to buy tat.

I thought this would be a good place to ask the question. With there being a high percentage of girls here....

What are your thoughts on valentines day. Do you like getting mystery admirers or do you treat it as a game where you don't care either way and its a silly day where people have the excuse to stalk someone.
    Very curious to hear the female perspective.

I can imagine you like getting them to boost the ego but are unlikely to act or follow it up.

I simply cant make myself go up to a girl im interested in and ask her out, for a million reasons, she's taken, not interested, get a no response etc Its been a big problem in my life. Have lots of female friends but thats as far as it goes.

One girl recently have spoken to a couple of times who has caught my eye, just work related and its pot luck that this has happened.

Ive never sent a valentine myself. Is it worth the effort? or would you just look like a wierdo. Thought about emailing an E-Card, where they can at least respond to your email addy. am sure they'd just think your wimp anyway.
    I tend to over think which is a constant draw back. sending a simple card, i can think how does it get to the person, can it be traced back to me, would it become common knowledge. it not fair to put someone else in that position. I cant even mention an interest to someone for them to find out if the persons taken.

I guess that's why i thought about an ecard only half anoymous

if i got an ecard i wouldnt take it seriously - mind u if i got a real card i would take that light hearted too.

V day is just a bit of fun - i never give out cards unless in an established relationship - and in the instance if i didnt get one i would string him up buy his gonads

lmao joke!!!

well ok not a joke but gonad hanging is extreme....so i am told