+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to go about contacting?

How to go about contacting?

Whats the best way to contact someone after they initiate no contact?

You don't. If they wanted to talk to you they woudn't have chucked the deuce. Have some self respect.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

If you are asking that question, it's probably too soon. And you are chomping at the bit.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

well how would you know when its right if they are not contacting you?

Usually the minimum is 3 months but there is no real timetable to be set for it. It all depends on the situation, who she is, what happened in the relationship, and so on. So if you feel like diving in, we can help you get a clearer picture.

If she wants contact, she will contact you. Since she is not contacting you, that seems like a very clear sign that she doesn't want contact. Ignoring her wish for no contact will probably piss her off. Is that your intention?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

If she needs space, she needs space.
    Don't make the same mistake I did.
    I kept pushing it and trying to convince her that another shot was worth it.

She came back to me about 3 times, and I made another mistake by taking her back too quickly. Cause she would be happy the day she saw me, and the next day would be total ignorance -_-.

No contact is the best for both of you. Let her initiate contact, and if she never does, then sadly, she doesn't care enough and you shouldn't want a girl like that anyways.

I know its hard not contacting the ones you once loved. Its better that you just leave it alone and just work on yourself. Sometimes, I have days where I looked at my phone every minute to see if I had a missed call. Its not healthy I tell you. But I found a great thread here that you would want to say to your ex if you would of contact them but actually don't have to break the NC rule.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/broken-hearts-forum/35956-post-here-instead-contacting-your-ex.html[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by cmacattack1 View Post
    Usually the minimum is 3 months but there is no real timetable to be set for it. It all depends on the situation, who she is, what happened in the relationship, and so on. So if you feel like diving in, we can help you get a clearer picture.
    nothing really happened and the reason she iniated no contact is she thought i was overwhelming her and whining and complaining a lot. I have been respceting her wishes so no im not trying to piss her off. only contact was out of necessity

anyone? bump?

I say still don't contact...
    Honestly, if she wants to talk to you, she'd contact you first.
    If you contact her, it'll just reassure her that you're needy and it'll just boost her ego. Girls love when the guys come to them, it makes them feel good about themselves and they can play that game for a quite a while.

Man up and show some strength.

honestly she is not one to contact even before the breakup i was iniating most contact. and thats the way it was. ive done well and respectewd her wishes for about a month of not contacting her.

If she doesn't contact, then obviously she doesn't miss you enough to contact.
    What would you rather have happen?

You initiate contact, and get her to talk to you
    OR
    Her initiate contact, and talk to you?

The thing here is her contacting you will show that she misses you in some extent. If you contact her, it won't be the same.
    The longer it takes for her to contact you, the more meaningful it will be. Just keep your head up. If this girl is fine without contacting you, and you love her, respect her decision and let her be. Live your life, and don't wait for her call/text. It'll happen when you least expect it.

No guarentee she will, but as the saying goes things happen when you least expect them.

If she wants some space and you were overwhelming her before, approaching her again is contributing to the problem instead of the solution. When she is ready and wants to contact you she will, no matter what kind of person she is. There isn't anything you can do. Doing nothing and dissappearing for a while will only help her to miss you. Or maybe she won't, who knows. That's really your most productive option though. Leaving her be.

Yes,
    and please don't come looking for advice if you're not going to take it!
    I would always look for advice and I would NEVER EVER take it. I would always think my judgement is best. But guess what? It's not. You're letting your emotions take control and that's the worst thing you can do. Think of what cmcattack said:" If she wants some space and you were overwhelming her before, approaching her again is contributing to the problem instead of the solution."

There's no way in hell you can disagree with that statement, and if you do, then I'm sorry for you.
    Give her space. Give her space. Give her space.
    I chose not to listen, and look at where I'm at now. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast