+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm in a serious relationship but I feel like I need more

Quote Originally Posted by lostdude View Post
    Lite, I don't see the need to call my thoughts stupid. I didn't troll anyone, I've been polite and sincere. Just think that was uncalled for.
    Everyone has stupid ideas. I have them sometimes, I just know better than to open my mouth about them most of the time.

You're expressing the Ginger/Marian Gilligan's island problem. You like the girl next door, but you want to do the whore too. So your three choices are: Break up with her and sleep with other people. Don't break up with her and remain faithful. Don't break up with her, screw someone else on the side risk her life, health, and happiness with your selfishness and then after she's angrily dumped you for being an ass you'll sit around wondering if you're capable of being monogamous. The latter is a question I really suggest you do not get to the point of having to ask yourself, because it is not only an ugly one, but can lead to you breaking other idealistic morals that one can only follow with a lot of self control and respect for yourself, let alone your partner.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNeko View Post
    I've had similar feelings...I love my boyfriend and I do feel he's the one for me, but I occasionally wonder what'd it be like to have sex with another man, especially since my BF is the only guy I have ever had sex with.

My advice? There's nothing wrong with fantasizing about the women you want to have sex with. You don't need to break up, unless the urge to have sex with other women is just too overpowering and you just don't want to be with your girlfriend any longer because she doesn't fulfill your needs. And that doesn't sound like the case...yet. In my experience, the feeling comes and goes, but never fully disappears.
    I like this answer best. See what happens instead of taking any sort of action. Thanks everybody - sometimes you just need an obvious point to be made by someone other than yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12