+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I get used or just a victim of bad circumstances?

Did I get used or just a victim of bad circumstances?

Long story short, ive known this girl for 10 years and we have a lengthy romantic past. Recently she was having problems with her boyfriend and came to me. She told me she's had a thing for me for the entire 10 years. I helped her cheat then they broke up. Her and I got together. We did relationship-type things. We moved fast but neither of us stopped it.

Then her ex came back and told her he cheated on her with guys, not girls. So she was crushed and just emotionally drained. She tells me she needs time to figure herself out. We hooked up again and she left midway through saying it was too much.

Now shes going on dates. She says she doesnt want a full relationship but wants to meet people and figure out what she really wants.

So basically, did I get used as her rebound guy? Or was it just an unfortunate mix of circumstances?

Is it possible she'll come back around long term?

That might depend on how you deal with it. Are you sitting there, holding her hand, telling her it's okay if she dates around while she figures herself out? That's a bad plan. Cut her off and tell her you're not her plan B guy. Don't let her disrespect you or take you for granted.
    Spammer Spanker

Well we're still have the same group of friends so Im bound to run into her. I am definitely not going out of my way for her or begging her to come back. She tends to contact me through text or facebook chat and Ill respond but I really dont make it a point to get ahold of her. My plan is to hang back for now.