+ Follow This Topic

Thread: An answer to a Dream. Why do you think I still dream about him?

An answer to a Dream. Why do you think I still dream about him?

So it's been a little over a week now since my boyfriend and I broke up and for some reason I keep having this reoccurring dream.
    A lot of things came out of the closet when we ended and although I have found some closure with everyone else in his family we both honestly haven't really gotten to talk about what happened, just the two of us. I know he doesn't want to talk, and in some ways i still do,but i know now's not the right time either way. I've pretty much moved on for the most part.

The crying has stopped awhile back, and I was finally able to put all of our old things away into a box about 3 days ago. I feel completely fine during the day time, i've pretty much filled up my days with fixing my future, but every night for the past 4 days I've had the same dream. It's not a long dream, just a quick short one that is not of the past.

Its simply just him and i talking and him giving back my old things, which I actually texted his mom about yesterday and she told me she would tell him. In last nights dream it ended with me saying that what was happening in the dream isn't real. I can't seem to figure out why i'm still dreaming about him. I feel as if i am just most vulnerable to my true feelings during sleep, So i guess i'm not completely over him?.I honestly don't know.

Do you have any advice or ideas on my situation? Please do tell. Perspective has really helped me out a lot recently.
    Last edited by cessers; 10-02-10 at 05:07 AM.

Well, you clearly still want something from him. I suggest you get it so you can move on.
    Spammer Spanker

i think so too.i just wish i knew what it was. I am almost afraid to think that i'm dreaming this way because im trying to find an excuse to hold on. I'm hoping that's not the case :/

I'm not a psychologist by any stretch of the imagination, and I don't think anybody really knows why or what our dreams really mean. They happen whether you like them or not and can be open to being dissected any which way.

I have dreams about my ex and I haven't seen or talked to her in 4 months. Probably because I still think about her every day but what are you going to do about it? You get used to it, you find ways to deal with it, it's not like you can force yourself to stop dreaming about them.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.