+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unique Valentine gift - need help!

Unique Valentine gift - need help!

This year I have unique Valentines gift for my girlfriend.
    Let me know what do you think about this idea.

Last two years I bought perfume and flowers, but my girlfriend told me she want something that coming from my heart, something that I made on my own just for her - apparently, something like that have more value than any expensive perfume

Last week my aikido club made a Website and I was in charge for finding someone who will write HTML code for us.
    During conversation with one of coder, he told me how we need to wait 6 days for HTML coding because one guy ordered 101 pages for his girlfriend as valentines gift ! Yes! I admit it - it is not my idea

I already bought domain and hosting service, now I need to design web site in Photoshop.
    I am complete Photoshop beginner and this will be very difficult task for me + creativity is not my best side.

Now i need your help:
    1. All i can think of are three pages:
    - first page; something like welcome page with big heart in center and our picture inside; date when we meet each other and clock that counting time since then
    - second page; collection of "our songs" from YouTube and lyrics
    - third page; our picture album

Three pages are not enough!? I need at least 2 more pages - any recommendation what theme to use, what to put on these two pages?
    I would like to meet the "101 pages" guy! Who is this man?

2. Is it cheating If I hire professional designer to do this for me ??
    I already have free HTML coding, all i need is to design site - but this is not easy!
    On the other way, if I hire someone for this job there is great possibility for experiencing guilty conscience.... and what if pro make a Website little "to good"?

3. How to tell her about website? I'm planning to send web address with roses and little note.
    Anyone have a little more romantic idea??

Need help!!!

If someone like this idea and want do the same for girlfriend/boyfriend, here is some reference:
    - buy domain (name-and-name-forever.com or something like that) and hosting trough mypsd4xhtml.com (you will get free html coding) - only $66
    - guys from mypsd4xhtml.com doing me a favor - they give me time to finish my design until Friday, they will write code and upload my site on Saturday (they usually don't work during weekend) - contact them and ask for the same
    - download photoshop (30 days free)
    - there is plenty of photoshop layout tutorial out there, just type "photoshop layout tutorial", "photoshop love heart"... in Google

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you make her a card?

One thing that I've done that was always a hit with girls and boys was: making a picture frame. I cut out words, letter, pictures, advertisments, anything and everything that even remotely applies to my relationship out of magazines. And I tape it all onto the frame. Like a colage (sp??). It takes time, it's practically free given you have old magazines lying around and it very thoughtful. Time consuming? Yes. But as I said it's always been a hit with my partners and friends.

Ex of things to cut out:
    individual letters (to spell I love you, your names, anniversaries)
    sayings in magazines (sometimes they write it in a 'cool' font) I've cut things out like: 'drive him WILD in bed' 'sexy beast' "love of my life" corny shit like that
    little cute clip art- anything she might like, or anything that you like that relates to her
    big hearts
    cute shoes (if she's a shoe person)
    anything pink (if she likes pink things)

Hope that gives you an idea- this stays around forever... but your website... not so much.

I saw a good idea at this higher end bakery in my office complex. Homemade fortune cookies...pretty big ones, like 2x if not more the size of the ones you'd get at a Chinese resturant. I think they are relatively easy to make too and then they'd dipped them in milk chocolate or pink colored white chocolate with sprinkes on them. Inside are hand written lovey dovey messages.

I was thinking of doing that for my man maybe. I'm not much of the romantic type but maybe funny sayings that only we "get" or movie quotes that make him laugh. I don't know.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Write a corny poem, draw some doodles, write a contract of love for the future