+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Possessive over my girlfriend

Possessive over my girlfriend

I can't help it, but I can be possessive over my girlfriend. I don't mind her with a group of people, but when it is just her and another guy, I get really riled up. Sometimes she gives this one boy a ride home from school. This boy likes her and I've had my problems with him in the past because he can say somethings to my girlfriend that annoy me. Anyways, I know I can trust her around any guy. She would never cheat on me. However, I still hate seeing her in the car with another man when it is just them two alone. Every time I mention it to her we get into a big fight. To be honest, it isn't the fact that she is in the car with another guy that gets me so angry. It's that she knows it bothers me greatly, but doesn't care that it does. Any advice?

Ask her why she feels the need to do favors for a male who likes her. Doing so is basically giving him positive reinforcement.

Keep a lid on it. Really. My high school boyfriend was jealous as hell. His insecurity brought guys to my attention that I would NEVER have given the time of day to if I hadn't realized he perceived them as a threat. I'm thinking of one guy specifically that my boyfriend thought was better-looking than he was (wrong- the guy was wallpaper compared to my boyfriend, but people have skewed self-perception). After we broke up, I rebounded onto that guy. Why? Pure spite. It made my ex livid.

You are showing a weakness to her that I can guarantee is unattractive. If you get jealous, it shows insecurity, which implies that this other guy might offer something you can't. Stop displaying this weakness.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You are showing a weakness to her that I can guarantee is unattractive. If you get jealous, it shows insecurity, which implies that this other guy might offer something you can't. Stop displaying this weakness.
    I agree. You should fix your self-esteem from within not from without. She cannot make you a more secure person. How to do this is a journey beyond this post.

Also, you can also talk to other girls. Who knows, you may find someone to who winds up treating you better than her and you started out as friends. How nice that would be.
    We learn about ourselves in relationship with others.

Well, as long as she isn't hanging with one guy regularly then you are safe. She probably just like the attention.

cool it and get over it, or else she will move on, fast.