+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "You are never gona be happy."

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    There is a reason why someone works at a coffee shop or grocery store. THATS what I want to avoid.
    I've worked at a coffee shop. I've worked for $9/hr at my school's gym, just reracking weights and telling people to put clips on the bars. I've worked as a server in a restaurant. I've worked in a bar as a barback, then briefly bartender. I also make six figures now and am about to go for my Ph.D. I think this part of your view is blind. Just because someone works at a coffee shop or grocery store does not mean thats where they'll always be in life. I recently bumped into a girl who I met, she was a barista at starbucks when I met her a couple years ago, and now she's well-paid advertising exec. Your view just sounds kind of judgmental, trust me, life is much more enjoyable when you stop disqualifying people for each and every reason and just give people a shot and see where it leads you. You don't have to commit to anyone you don't know, and you don't have to waste time on people when its not going anywhere, but seriously, let people surprise you.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Graham, I'm starting to see a bit of an ego in you. You've built yourself into something bigger than you are IRL, I think. I know lots of 27 year olds with great jobs and lots of money, women included....maybe it's just the circles I run in. You keep comparing yourself to everyone else your age and then declaring your superiority. I think it's your inner fat kid talking. You were used to being ridiculed and now you want to turn it around on the world and say "In your face!" It actually winds up making you look arrogant. Women with brains and money don't put up with that shit. Honestly.

You get what you deserve; and if you're subconciously putting out a judgemental, materialistic attitude, you're going to attract women that fit that attitude.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345