+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "You are never gona be happy."

Graham, you're too young to discount women who work in coffee shops.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old is he?

I'm 27. I'm not dating a woman who isn't as far along in life as I am. She will only get dependent and needy.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Hahahaha, you need some ice for all the burns Graham? You seem to have been scorched by the fury of LF members.

Want to know how to meet Mrs. Right? It's very simple, go to events that you enjoy. You enjoy mountain biking? Sign up for bike races, tours, etc. When you meet a girl there it's easy to start off a conversation because you have something in common, which in turn makes it easy to tell if there's an initial connection, or spark if you will. Same goes for any social activity/hobby. Snowboarding, chess, sailing, swimming, driving, whatever, go join a club. But don't take this to mean that you'll meet a girl at a party or a night club and that you'll find your lady there. Basing a relationship's commonality off of mutual love of partying is generally a bad idea.

Ignore the girl's career though. You're making yourself sound like a gold digger.
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Gene Police: You!! Out Of The Pool!

[QUOTE=Graham Berkeley;566025]Its complicated but lets just say I make enough money that I often have to wonder if a woman is attracted to me or the green... I suppose good looking women experience the same question when dating a guy. "Is he into me or my body?"

Complicated?! Hmmm, sounds dodgy, equally as 'bad' (in your opinion) as working in a coffee shop/McD's. You seem to have a weird view of women, "I suppose good looking women experience the same question when dating a guy. "Is he into me or my body?" so could these woman not be earning good money too, and wonder whether or not a man is into her for her money, is that all you think women have to offer? good looks and a good body?????

And just a little tip, if you don't bragg to people how much money you have then maybe you won't attract gold diggers.

Just my 2 cents - you have every right to have your standards for women in the sense of which ones you will be looking for... but love has the (good or bad? who knows?) habit of appearing in the most unexpected places. So, don't be surprised if you find yourself in love with a coffee-shop girl eventually... or not. xD.

I guess what I'm trying to say is give people a chance, even if they're not "your type" at first sight.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

I've found that you usually find someone special when you aren't looking. If you just go do things that you like because you want to be there (not specifically to meet someone) you end up having a good time, and meeting someone is a bonus. When you consistently try to "find someone" and fail, you remember all the times that you failed and the time that you wasted. If you go out to have a good time and don't meet anyone, it really doesn't matter because you had a good time anyway. Also clubs and upity parties are not places to meet anyone special. Those places are generally for hooking up only.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

is that all you think women have to offer? good looks and a good body?????
    Yeah thats exactly what I said word for word. You have amazing deduction skills. You should go into financing...

And just a little tip, if you don't bragg to people how much money you have then maybe you won't attract gold diggers.
    I don't brag but from my clothes and the way I carry myself I am anything but the typical 27 year old who lives at home and works at Best Buy...

Just my 2 cents - you have every right to have your standards for women in the sense of which ones you will be looking for... but love has the (good or bad? who knows?) habit of appearing in the most unexpected places. So, don't be surprised if you find yourself in love with a coffee-shop girl eventually... or not. xD.

I guess what I'm trying to say is give people a chance, even if they're not "your type" at first sight.
    I don't disagree necessarily... What I am saying is I would not want to be attracted to a coffee shop girl for anything long term. I will not be her sugar daddy...

I've found that you usually find someone special when you aren't looking. If you just go do things that you like because you want to be there (not specifically to meet someone) you end up having a good time, and meeting someone is a bonus. When you consistently try to "find someone" and fail, you remember all the times that you failed and the time that you wasted. If you go out to have a good time and don't meet anyone, it really doesn't matter because you had a good time anyway. Also clubs and upity parties are not places to meet anyone special. Those places are generally for hooking up only.
    Yes I agree statistically. The more social situations you interject yourself into the higher the chance of meeting that right person. However remember it is still all statistical and if everyone found thier "soul mate" there would be no crazy old cat ladies or old, baling LVL 80 warcraft players...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

@Graham: Question-Sorry this is a bit off topic, but I am just trying to validate a personal theory of mine:

How shiny were these jackets?

Do you wear cologne? If so, what brand?

Thank you!

Well they are typically dark leather... "Nightclub" style jackets these days... I have a couple of rawhide, country, style jackets I sport during the daytime. Not so often anymore...

I don't wear cologne... Use Axe body wash though

Whats your theory? I'm really curious now.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Ok, I don't mean this in an offensive way, I obviously don't know you, etc.

But...my theory is the shinier the fabric on a man's jacket/shirt and the more cologne he is wearing the more unrealistic expectations he has regarding women and relationships.

Leather does not fit into this hypothesis so....

And good on the no cologne thing.....there is a reason it rhymes with "alone".

Quote Originally Posted by MissAnn View Post
    Ok, I don't mean this in an offensive way, I obviously don't know you, etc.

But...my theory is the shinier the fabric on a man's jacket/shirt and the more cologne he is wearing the more unrealistic expectations he has regarding women and relationships.

Leather does not fit into this hypothesis so....

And good on the no cologne thing.....there is a reason it rhymes with "alone".
    HAHA. I concur with your theory. Notice how RIGHT before a lot of gay men come out of the closet they wear SUPER shiny, almost glossy, clothes and go lady crazy.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Remember these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    The bottom line is you think you know where you'd like to find mrs. right but the reality is that you don't. How can you say that a fun loving gal with high self esteem doesn't work at a coffee shop or daycare?

I might argue that little miss coffee shop gal is very fun loving. she enjoys chatting, is friendly to randoms and knows how to communicate. this also usually goes hand in hand with self confidence.

Or how about a day care worker? She's got to be VERY fun loving, out going, engergenic! Hello, she works with kids for heavens' sake!

My point is only that you're ruling out so much just because you think you know... when I doubt you do. Don't settle, just don't rule out things "just 'cause" you mustered up some weird reason in your head.
    I agree with you.There are many guys who don't like the coffee shop or bars.They often communicate very well and funny.

[QUOTE=liyulianyanyu;566458]I agree with you.There are many guys who don't like the coffee shop or bars.They often communicate very well and funny.[/QUOT.E]

... ...Huh?
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast