+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless?

Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless?

Hello.
    Recently, I have noticed that I hopelessly fall in love. I can never tell when or if a girl likes me. This is really hard. Recently I found a girl who is very sweet to me. She tells me that I am the sweetest guy she has ever met and that she loves me. She also has a boyfriend. She talks to him about me and things like that.I really do think I like her.What do you think I should do?
    Do girls really like sweet guys or am I hopeless?
    <a href="http://www.howtogetyourexbacknow.org/">get your girlfriend back</a>

Girls like sweet guys, just not needy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Girls like sweet guys, just not needy ones.
    Oh crap.. im a needy one.. and a sweet one at that.. how can you be sweet without being needy? Im passionate and dedicated in my relationships.. maybe too dedicated.. and too pasionate.

and as for the reply to the thread. I believe girls don't deserve the "sweet" side of you until they ask for it.
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

In my experience, nice guys tend to be shy and lack passion that I find in other guys who aren't afraid to be themselves and take chances.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyToBeMe View Post
    In my experience, nice guys tend to be shy and lack passion that I find in other guys who aren't afraid to be themselves and take chances.
    Im a nice guy.. and i definitely do not lack passion, yes I was shy, but i am not anymore... and I am not afraid of taking chances, if i could bang my girlfriend, i'd do it without hesitating.. except maybe to put a condom on...

EDIT: Sorry HappyToBeMe, im not trying to discredit your claim, but thing is.. be who you are, whether your a nice guy or an ass hole, there are nice girls and bitches to match which ever kind of person you are =)
    "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing."
    -- Mignon McLaughlin

I personally like sweet, shy guys. That little bit of innocence often masks a passionate side that takes a little searching to find. All the sweet-as-sugar guys I've known could be wild when they wanted to be. I'm also very shy and a little reserved, so I like someone who isn't in-your-face, loud risk-taker. It seems lots of women are into the guys who are total assholes...don't know why, but it often seems that way, just like how the nice guys may date bossy, bitchy women. Or how the childfree woman dates a frumpy, desperate single father. Or how the uber-Catholic somehow shows interest in the Satanist. It seems the people who need to find one another don't.

Also, all women have a different idea of what "sweet" is. To one woman, a sweet guy might be one who buys her stuff all the time. To another, a sweet guy might be someone who likes to cuddle after sex. To yet another, sweet might be simply putting his dirty skid-marked underwear in the hamper rather than the dining room table. And to yet another, "sweet" might mean only beating her in places that clothing will cover up. You have to figure out what the individual girl's idea of sweet is. It's weird. As far as the dating girl who loves you...give her a call. Maybe her relationship is rocky and she's looking for a new guy. Ya never know.

Girls like sweet guys, but what they like even more is a man who acts like a man and is assertive about what he wants. A guy who can look at me a certain way, tell me I'm beautiful and kiss me like he means it can have me MELTING. But that's just how the guy draws you in. How sweet and attentive he is after the initial stages is what keeps a good woman around.

So be sweet! But being sweet shouldn't mean being overly nice of being a doormat. No one wants that.

To be honest, sweet is good, girls like it and its great but to be with a woman you have to gauge what she needs and play to that...

If she is feeling the need for sweetness then be sweet. if she is feeling the need for a bit of rough and ready action(usually before or after her period), then be rough and ready and give her the riding of a lifetime....

basically you can be sweet and caring cos girls like that but in essence you have be like water - you have to be able to adapt to the situation infornt of you if you really want the girl, and if you can satisfy her current needs then before you know it - you can offer her sweetness when the time is right!

Like Bruce Lee says "You have to be like water!" although I think he was reffering to fighting but the idea is the same, you have to adapt to the situation