+ Follow This Topic

Thread: (in) sanity check- the weekend is here

(in) sanity check- the weekend is here

who else starts feeling pretty "out of place" because usually the weekends would be spent with the ex, and now that the ex is gone it is seems pretty empty without the person?
    I know for some reason right now I kind of started to feel it this emptiness despite of the fact that its been 2 months since the break up. It is not intense as it used to be at the beginning...it settles down as the time goes by (time heals everything) but still
    in a way it seems so weird...in a way it feels like we broke up only recently and there is a pretty bitter feeling about me not going to meet her tonight, let we used to do for the whole 10 months of dating every friday... and when i think that instead of me, she is spending time with the new guy... it just seems weird... hopefully she got herpis by now anyway lol hahhaa
    anyone else feels this way?

I deff feel this way.
    I know a good friend of hers, and I know tonight they're going to the movies to watch Dear John.. haha.
    But find something to do, find your friends or family and hang out with them maybe?
    Yesterday was the first time since the break up (about a month ago) that I actually went out with my friends and tried to have fun. We went to a concert and boy did I have a blast

I was actually just thinking this!! I don't want to hang out with our mutual friends so during previous weekends I would travel to visit other friends just so I wasn't sitting at home, alone, going crazy. But I can't afford to keep traveling (my new friends live around 2 hours away) so I'm staying home this weekend. It starting to sink in that I miss hanging out with my ex, going to the movies, etc. What sucks is that when we were together he never really wanted to go out and we'd stay in a lot (and I'd try to suggest doing new things like hitting up a new bar, etc.) But lately he goes out A LOT and the reason I know this is because one of our mutual friends keeps posting pics on Facebook. So, I hate that he's out doing things he knows I would have enjoyed. He definitely doesn't miss me. . .
    I think it's really hitting hard, though, because it's Valentine's weekend. UGH!! Luckily I do have a party to go to which I'm excited for! But. . .I'm also getting a hotel room for a couple of nights because my roommate has a boyfriend and if I have to see them be all "cutesy" together I'm going to set my apartment on fire. Seriously. . .they're always all over each other which I can't stand on any normal day so on Valentine's Day. Can't deal. . .

lol we should start hooking up people from the forum together.
    Because no one can understand you better than one of the members here
    so maybe we could all find a match here

Quote Originally Posted by canndee View Post
    I'm also getting a hotel room for a couple of nights because my roommate has a boyfriend and if I have to see them be all "cutesy" together I'm going to set my apartment on fire. Seriously. . .they're always all over each other which I can't stand on any normal day so on Valentine's Day. Can't deal. . .
    Thats crappy and very insensitive of them. What a bunch of jagaloons.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Queen of Corona - what makes it worse is that my roommate has a TV in her bedroom so I don't understand why they have to lay all over each other in the living room while they're watching TV out there. They can cuddle in private so I don't understand why they don't. It's so hard to see when you're suffering from a fresh broken heart. :/

Right, thats shitty of them. I hope they don't realize what they're doing. Some people are just that dense. Do you have a single friend that you can bring to the hotel? I remember one New Years Eve both my sister and I were single and we hit up this restaurant and shared the couples dinner. Not only was it a bargain but it was good and fun and nice to have someone to be with. Just because its Valentine's Day doesn't mean it needs to be about man/woman love. Your Valentine should be someone who is good to you 365 days a year, male or female.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I feel like this also on the weekends. Shortly after though, I realize, her lost. SHE will realize soon enough what she has lost and you know what, I'm gonna be alright. There is someone out there who will appreciate all that I have to offer. I hop eyou too can reach this point some day soon!

This weekend makes me glad I work Wednesday through Sunday...I'll be at work most of the day on Valentines Day so that'll be a nice distraction!

valentines day is going to suck for me, im gonna be serving at a restaurant so i will be seeing a lot of couples ha ha ha. this week has been hard for me i don't know why i think it's just the fact that it is valentines week. i did have a date to go watch that valentine day movie and a dinner after work but i cancelled it i don't know why but i did. after the 14th all i have to look forward to this year is the old anniversary and her birthday which is both on april and that's gonna suck ha ha ha. is it me or the girls you meet now you don't have interest with them or you just want to be friends with them? because right now i don't have any interest with them unless im drunk

Quote Originally Posted by ricerocket1 View Post
    valentines day is going to suck for me, im gonna be serving at a restaurant so i will be seeing a lot of couples ha ha ha. this week has been hard for me i don't know why i think it's just the fact that it is valentines week. i did have a date to go watch that valentine day movie and a dinner after work but i cancelled it i don't know why but i did. after the 14th all i have to look forward to this year is the old anniversary and her birthday which is both on april and that's gonna suck ha ha ha. is it me or the girls you meet now you don't have interest with them or you just want to be friends with them? because right now i don't have any interest with them unless im drunk
    nope, it is not just you. everyone tells me to sleep w/ someone else. i just dont have an interest right now. i'll go to various dating sites, browse various people and find no interest at all.

I go to Zoosk and sent people messages but nobody responds

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you talk too much about your ex.....

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...