+ Follow This Topic

Thread: it's complicated....

*D* is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

it's complicated....

So i just recently broke up with my boyfriend of two years. He is in the military so i rarely got to see him. Out of the two years we saw each other a total of four months (not all at once). We have a lot of history together. He was my best friend of three years before we became a couple so i have known him going on six years now....I am in college so i am in texas while he is stationed in North Dekota. Long distance realtionship not fun but we made it work for two years...anyways the reason i broke it off was because it took so much energy out of me to focus in school (which i graduate this year) and in the relationship. I was no longer happy about our crazy schedules and not being able to see him so i felt it was in my best interest and his to break it off. Especially since i dont plan on moving to north dakota anytime soon and he is planning on re-enlisting. here is weher it gets complicated. When i moves to another city to go to college i was excited to meet new people and of course i did. There is this one guy that i met online and we have been talking now going on three years. We kept it strictly friends when i was with my boyfriend but now that we are no longer together we have both expressed feeling towards each other. There is definitely a connection and chemistry and everything. Now we have never met in person but we talk on the phone EVERYDAY!! we basically act like a couple minus the actual meeting. The problem is i cant seem to elt go of the ex...i cant bring myself to get him compeltely out of my life. this other guy has my attention and is keeping me very interested but he has not made the effort to come and see me and so forth. Am i just too afraid to let the past stay in the past or am i trying to make something happen forcefully? what should i do?
    No one ever gets tired of loving.........

but everyone gets tired of waiting, assuming,
    hearing promises, saying sorry and all the hurting.

congrat!very goo!
    new life! new lover!

YOU decided to end things with your military boyfriend. SO END THEM. Other wise your just messing his head up.

This new internet guy, for 1, I HAVE to say I have had internet relationships before and they DO NOT work. Question, how can you possibly have feelings for someone you have never met?

If this new internet guy hasn't made the effort to come see you, as he is the man, in my opinion the man makes the effort to make the first move, etc etc - that should tell you something.

In my opinion things with your military boyfriend wouldn't of worked out, if your in seperate states, he's in the army and your going to college as well as hardly seeing each other, that doesn't spell a relationship to me.

Good for you to take the plunge and end things with him, but don't jump into a relationship with some random, YES I say random because you haven't met the guy!!, to make yourself feel better, to try forget the past because you will fail miserably.

*D* is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    hmmm....well i do feel you make a point about him not making an effort and i do feel he is the one that should make the first move. I have been talking to him for three years now so it just feels like i've known him forever....i know it sounds silly. But reading it frokm someone else makes me put things into perspective. im a young, beautiful girl so i think having time for myself should be a perfect outcome!!!
    No one ever gets tired of loving.........

but everyone gets tired of waiting, assuming,
    hearing promises, saying sorry and all the hurting.

You sound like a "cake eater", to me. Give up the Guy in N.D. anything else is being dishonest to him. You have been friends with the other guy for three years, did you ever tell your BF about him? Maybe your relationships would be better if you were more honest?