+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be Powerful Beyond Measure

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix View Post
    Have you seen the movie "Pay it Forward"?
    Don't remind me of that movie! The ending made me cry... like 8 years ago, when I watched it... it was the last time I cried with a movie... that ending just ain't right

Also:
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
    Sorry but I think this couldn't be further away from the truth, at least for me. My deepest fear is to be useless, and I take powerlessness as a known fact.
    Last edited by irrelevant_89; 15-02-10 at 11:36 PM.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pay It Forward was a good movie. I hate fake endings.

Really nice video. Loved the quotes from Ali and Rocky. But there were some other quotes too... couldn't figure out where they came from. Anyways... I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Really nice video. Loved the quotes from Ali and Rocky. But there were some other quotes too... couldn't figure out where they came from. Anyways... I like it!
    The whole "Be powerful beyond measure" quoting in the movie is from the movie Coach Carter, at the end of the movie when a kid who flunked out and got into crime recites a poem to the coach to show that he's changed.

I will visit this thread once a day for mental health. Keep posting inspirational things, please!

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Pay It Forward was a good movie. I hate fake endings.
    Yeah, it was a great movie. But I think the ending was extremely unnecessary. Everything is going well then KNIFE DEATH OUT OF F***** NOWHERE! :/

As for the video itself, I don't have anything inspirational to say so I'll keep my mouth shut. sorry.
    Last edited by irrelevant_89; 17-02-10 at 04:08 AM.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by irrelevant_89 View Post
    Everything is going well then KNIFE DEATH OUT OF F***** NOWHERE! :/
    That's how they get you!

SirWagginston says:

"I will visit this thread once a day for mental health. Keep posting inspirational things, please!"

definitely, bro. I'm glad you appreciate this thread.

irrelevant_89 says:

"As for the video itself, iono. twas ok I guess. But it'll take more than that to inspire me."

lol, I think some of you are missing the concept. This isn't a thread for leaving cynical remarks and posting videos of pillow fights (son, I am disappoint). This is a motivational thread. Maybe you don't appreciate the video and quotes but others find them inspirational. If you don't have anything motivational to share, then I respectfully ask that you don't post in here. Thank you.

There are different ways of motivating people and this one is good for those who are acting weak all the time. Kick in the pants approach works for a lot so good video IMO.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Fake it to make it. Its true, and it works.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The words in the first vid are better than the images. One major discrepancy for me is the visual that suggests powerful means you are taking away power from someone else. It gives the incorrect impression that success is a zero-sum game. Its not.

The video IS correct in its verbal narrative that its really a quest against self. Plus, I find it a bit ironic that the visual given is a Hollywood, fictional movie.

So, to answer Neo's challenge of posting a better vid. Here is a REAL video of an incredibly inspirational event that speaks, to me, about just how incredible humans can be when pushed to the limit. I've posted it here before, but I think it fits this thread subject. Enjoy:

Last edited by IndiReloaded; 17-02-10 at 03:47 AM.

Nikita Litvinkov is pretty inspirational for me, lol.

IndiReloaded says:

"So, to answer Neo's challenge of posting a better vid. Here is a REAL video of an incredibly inspirational event that speaks, to me, about just how incredible humans can be when pushed to the limit."

now you're getting the idea. Here's the guy who will break Joe Kittinger's record. My fav part is when they meet for the first time.

p.s. you may want to learn how to embed

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dunno why this vid didn't embed, Neo. The old forum style did it automatically. Help?

BTW, can't see your vid either, but am guessing you are posting about the U2 plane? Fix r link, kiddo.

EDIT - okay I saw it. Cool. Of course, breaking a record isn't the same as doing something first, with all the unknowns, but I support anything related to space and its more than I'll ever get to do.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 17-02-10 at 03:44 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast