+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Be Powerful Beyond Measure

Be Powerful Beyond Measure

this is the first in a series of motivational videos, pics, and quotes that I want to share. Even if only 1 person is inspired to better themselves, then my job is done.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
    Actually, I think its better to do it consciously. It would be a better job to do it by example, tho, as opposed to a posting of a video.

As you get older, you'll recognize these opportunities when they arise. 'Pay it forward' type things. Still, a good start.

Have you seen the movie "Pay it Forward"?

Very good idea for making the world a better place. And very simple.

You do a good deed for 3 other human beings. And I don't mean wash a car or help with the groceries. It must be a serious act of human kindness.
    The deal is: those 3 people must do the same. They must do good deeds for 3 other people. Theoretically the number of good deeds should grow exponentially.

It's a Hollywood fairytale, but the idea is good. Humanity shines. To bad people suck

Even if only 1 person is inspired to better themselves, then my job is done.
    I applaud you
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

I think it's great that you're trying to be more "helpy" on the forums.

But that video is basically one guy beating the shit out of another guy.

"I WILL BEAT YOU DOWN WITH MY INSPIRATION!"
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Indi, I think you missed the point of that quote. As each of us strives for our own greatness, we inspire others to do the same. The video is a tool - a very effective one - to reinforce the message.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No I didn't miss the point, Neo. I agree with the quote, its not a new one. In fact, I think there's a better one (Einstein?) about 'surrounding yourself with greatness'. My point is you can be active or passive in how you inspire people. A video like this is passive, there are much better tools to inspire people than a cheesy video. Same for self-help books, IMO.

You don't have to agree, but its my opinion. There are too many self-proclaimed 'experts' out there, but what have they really done except write some cheesy book (and make money off it)? Want to be inspired? Spend an evening with a nobel prize winner or talking to people at an entrepreneur forum. See if you can discover the source of their passion. Then try to find it in yourself.

In my health class last friday we had a guest speaker... the guy holding the state record for power lifting. I was so annoyed with his attitude about how he could beat anyone in the class at arm wrestling. And then he shared the pathetic story about how he was born weighing only 2 lbs, and started bench pressing a broom stick, and beat up his little brother. Isn't that just pathetic? It just shows how easily a man can waste his entire life.

starbuck says:

"But that video is basically one guy beating the shit out of another guy."

umm, no? lol. The take home message in that video is to never give up, keep pushing forward no matter how hard the beating life gives you, and you will achieve success.

IndiReloaded, that's awesome! I'm proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    starbuck says:

"But that video is basically one guy beating the shit out of another guy."

umm, no? lol. The take home message in that video is to never give up, keep pushing forward no matter how hard the beating life gives you, and you will achieve success.
    Yeah, I got the metaphor. It's all about power and yadda yadda.

I think the video-maker could have chosen some better images to illustrate his point. Like ones that didn't involve people getting beaten to a bloody pulp, but that's just me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not as much as *I'm* proud of me, LOL.

I'm being a bit harsh. I realize my attitude is circular in the sense that those who don't need this type of stuff will, logically, be uninterested in it. So, kudos if posting that video really does help someone to look a bit deeper. But there are so many Oprah-spawned self-realized gurus out there that never get beyond this point. Entire libraries (and credit card statements) full of these books and vids, but worthless to them until....

Until what? Do you know the answer to that blank, Neo?

starbuck says:

"Yeah, I got the metaphor. It's all about power and yadda yadda.

I think the video-maker could have chosen some better images to illustrate his point. Like ones that didn't involve people getting beaten to a bloody pulp, but that's just me."

lmao, so you admit the metaphor in the video is appropriate for its message but you don't like it? Why don't you make a better one?

this is a motivational thread. Inspire us rather than put down the work of others.
    Last edited by NeoSeminole; 15-02-10 at 02:53 PM.

IndiReloaded says:

"I'm being a bit harsh. I realize my attitude is circular in the sense that those who don't need this type of stuff will, logically, be uninterested in it. So, kudos if posting that video really does help someone to look a bit deeper."
    I didn't want to derail this thread with arguments. I'm glad you had an epiphany

I decided to take your advice and be inspirational. It's basically the same message, but with different visuals:

Last edited by starbuck; 15-02-10 at 08:38 PM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't read this thread or watch the video (I hate boxing), but I find it necessary to say that the guy pictured in the original video is built exactly the way I like 'em.

Have a nice day.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast