+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purple nails

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Purple nails

So, I noticed few days ago that my nails on fingers and toes are kind of between dark pink and purple to the middle.They don't hurt or anything else, just this. I've read that it could be a sign of cardiovascular diseases . Besides I used to have aches in legs and arms ,but when I was by the doctor last time, he said it's perhaps nothing bad. Besides I have always cold feet and hands even when I sit at home and I'm covered, but when I go out and it's cold they get warm. Anybody knows more about this, that would be helpfull?
    I wazzzz here

I wouldn't worry about it. My nails are similar. I have a semicircle of white at the cuticle, and from there to the tip of the nail, it gradients from dark purple to pink. Looks cool. If I were a girl, I wouldn't even have to paint them.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well that doesn't look healthy... Healthy = pretty
    I wazzzz here

Mine look healthy. Maybe you should post a pic of your nails.

This is called PMD, or Polish Moderators Disease, it afflicts young Polish women with delusions of grandeur, and an inability to distinguish good music. Symptoms are purple nails , an addiction to "Euro-pop", and a bad attitude..........LMFAO!! Seriously, PP what you are experiencing is fairly normal and common, my ex-wife had purple nails, and went to the Doctor, he said that it is nothing serious, he advised that she should exercise more to improve circulation. More Cardio types of work.

It actually sounds like Raynaud's Phenomenon, I was diagnosed when I was 18. I too am always cold, especially my feet, fingers, and feet. Mine isn't so horrible but like the pictures on the link but it definitely helps if I can avoid really cold environments or air conditioning blowing on me. My extremities dont' really turn purple but I do get the pain.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s_phenomenon]Raynaud's phenomenon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

[url]http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/raynauds-disease/DS00433[/url]
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Thanks QC, I couldn't think of the name.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If the color is worse than when the doctor last looked at them, you should go again. If it is Raynaud's you will be told to stop smoking, keep your hands warm, and avoid caffeine. These things all contribute to reduced circulation. In the extreme, reduced circulation can cause necrosis (tissue death).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You need some exercise, missie. I have bad circulation too, and I have to do cardio to keep myself from freezing my fingers off.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Thanks guys... I was reading about Raynaud's yesterday and was considering it... When I was by the doctor last time, my nails weren't like this.I noticed it first few days ago. I know I won't die because of it but when I hear I need to 'avoid' and 'stop' some things... That doesn't sound good to me I'm a rebel hehehe.
    Maybe You know about some diet I could do to help it a bit? I need to do some diet anyway,summer comes really fast and my belly-belly looks like Goodyear tire
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Raynaud's is not a dietary issue. It's vascular, and if that is what the problem is, then exercise won't solve it, either. My nephew is quite athletic, and he has it.

the exercise might help while you are exercising, though.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-02-10 at 11:30 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And yeah Gigles, I am going to do sport, it's already decided hehe. I want to look hot on the beach!
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Raynaud's is not a dietary issue. It's vascular, and if that is what the problem is, then exercise won't solve it, either. My nephew is quite athletic, and he has it.
    And what sympthoms is he having besides colorful nails?
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    And what sympthoms is he having besides colorful nails?
    Absolute loss of color in his fingers, while the rest of his hand is colored normally. Also, numbness. If the length of time is prolonged, the fingers/nails turn blue due to lack of oxygen.

He routinely has issues with this while playing football in the cold weather. Raynaud's is most often triggered by exposure to cold weather, which is why theytell you to keep your hands (or affected body part) warm.

The thing is though, the color always returns to normal. He does not have persistent problems with discoloration lasting days. It makes me think there may be another issue. Maybe you should see a vascular doctor?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah the thing is I have one week for any visits cause I leave to Spain and I won't be able to do any special visits there, just with some emergencies... I don't think I will have time to visit a vascular doctor now.
    And yes, I've noticed that it comes back to normal color, because before I saw it on feet and now it's normal. Now I won't have nothing to do with cold since I leave and there is already pretty warm, so till october I won't freeze anymore Well if it's just decoloration, I can live with it, anyway I use nail polish most of the time. But thank You Dr.Vashti, as always came with helpfull infos
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast