+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I don't know what happened.

I don't know what happened.

So my girlfriend and I broke up over a 3 week period. I did all the wrong things I was needy and desperate. I bought her things and all the cliche things you shouldn't do. We broke up because she said she can't be in a relationship right now she needs to focus on her son. Her son is bad as hell and he's about to be thrown out of school. The funny thing is everything was fine until her son's father came back for his grandmother's funeral. While he was here she was very distant from me. She said it was because her son hadn't seen him in 4 years and he wouldn't let her out of his sight. I was understanding and told her that I don't need to spend all of her time with me. I just told her to at least call me during her lunch. She couldn't even do that the only time she contacted me was when I would text or give her a call first. I got fed up and read her the riot act and told her how I felt. I told her I felt like I was being tossed to the side and forgotten about. After he left she became depressed and wouldn't let me touch or kiss her anymore. I asked her what was going on she said she was depressed and sad because he's not here with him. I also said that I'm here for her and her son. I always expressed my love and care for her. I'm thinking I was too nice and sincere to her. She said her ex was crazy literally and he pulled guns on her. She also said that she didn't want her son to go live with him because it's too dangerous for him. One night she gets in the shower and I'm sitting in her bedroom and I just get upset because I'm thinking of what the hell has been going on the last week. She comes out of the shower and notices it I tell her that's there's nothing wrong. She says to me "You went through my phone" I say no "Should I?" Naturally I'm curious so when we lay down I ask her what has been going on because since he left you have been different. I ask her is she still in love with him, she tells me no. I'm just confused and am just trying to get her to open up and tell me what is going on. This goes on and we can't speak to each other without the convo getting too serious. Finally on Valentine's day I ask to come see her she tells me that wouldn't be a good idea because her son is still upset with me because he saw me acting out. I didn't hit her or anything I just was really upset and frustrated. I tell her on the phone I don't think I can keep going through this. I tell her I love you and I have tried everything to make this work. She tells me I can't be upset because someone doesn't want to be with you. I haven't contacted her except on tues. to tell her I felt we got off the phone the wrong way and that if she needs me I'm there for her.

My questions ladies: What could happen in a week span to make you not want to be with someone anymore?
    Do you think that her ex has sparked something back in her heart even though he was a complete dirtbag?
    Is it worth it to try to get back with her?
    How can I find out what happened between us?
    Why after I posted that I was going to the store to pick up an outfit for a party I am going
    to, she posted on her facebook that she is taking the day off because she has to get ready for 3 parties?
    If she doesn't want to deal with me anymore is she trying to get me jealous or something by posting this?

I just need some advice and help ladies.

I'm sorry but it seems like she doesn't know what she wants yet. Talk to her, and see if she already made a decision, but put the worst case scenario in the back of ur mind, so yeah, expect the worst hope for the best. Sorry if i"m not much help.

Thanx for the reply. I went to her house last night because I had to pick up some stuff there. She wore something I got for her and it seemed like she was flirting with me. She didn't make any advances towards me. She even had a glass of wine with me. I don't know what is going on. Now I'm feeling bad because I saw her and my feelings are messed up again. I think I shouldn't have went there now my hopes are all up. I don't know I just feel like my heart has been torn out. She knows I want her and it feels like she's rubbing it in or something. I don't know I'm just confused.