+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we becoming Loveless?

Are we becoming Loveless?

My fiancee and I have been together for years...
    There is quite an age difference, but it's never posed a problem. And the problems that are occuring I don't feel it's due to the age difference.
    He owns his own business, (just opened) and I work full time.. and the fighting is just unbearable.
    Wondering if our relationship is becoming loveless..
    We're supposed to be getting married .. and wondering if maybe that's not the best idea at this point due to all the problems??
    I don't claim to be innocent.. all couples fight, and it does take two to tango..
    How do we stop the fighting? I try to plan a romantic weekend, or night away.. just the two of us .. and things are GREAT.. then we come home and things go right back.. we bicker and then fight.. then sit on separate couches not speaking..??

PLEASE HELP!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how about by avoiding the fights?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

right. if I knew how .. I wouldn't be here??
    Do you have any suggestions?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What are you fighting about? And what are your ages? Are there kids involved in this mix, and has he been married before?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

The age difference is 22 years.. and yes 2 children but they are all grown up and not in the mix.
    We fight about everything.. we mention something and then we just snap like tigers at eachother.
    I don't know if we should be getting married... and it hurts.. because I love him and I am pretty sure he loves me....
    But sometimes it feels like we're roomates.. more than lovers or a couple.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you 25 or 26? (I am noticing the 1983 in your screen name.) Because seriously, if that is the case, you are probably just outgrowing him (it happens commonly when young girls hook up with middle-aged men), and if he is short-tempered, perhaps he is realizing it and finds it upsetting.

Don't marry him. Even without the age difference, it would be a bad idea to marry someone you fight with constantly.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

No I dont believe it has much to do with the age difference. because my girlfriend an I are the same age and weve been having the same exact problems. Weve been together 8 months and we ALWAYS argue. We almost break up like once a week, buut somehow we always end up together again.

Don't get married. If he feels more like a roomate than a lover at this point in your relationship, it's is a major problem that probably will not resolve itself. Mix that in with constant fighting and you have a very shaky foundation on which to build a marriage.

Perhaps you've fallen out of love with him or as Vash says, outgrown him. I think there's probably someone out there who is better for you.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

me and my ex fought constantly, and few days ago I decided to end the relationship. We have been together for ½ year. It's not worth it imo.