+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't he my facebook friend?

Why isn't he my facebook friend?

I have been dating a man for the last 6 months. We talk, go out to dinner, are intimate, spend the night at each other's places, ect. He says that he trusts me and he sends me texts throughout the day. I've mentioned that we are not facebook friends at least 3 times and he always manages to change the topic. What are some possible reasons on why a guy would do this? Is he hiding something or am I just over-reacting?

It could be a myriad of things, a fair few guys don't bother with facebook much, but if he appears to be intentionally avoiding the subject it might be more along the lines of wanting to keep it "off the record" from his family/friends, or enjoys the attention when believed to be single, or still wants to play the field. The first might be alright if he explains it, the latter ones should be called to an end if you're in a serious relationship. If you have a mutual friend that you are on good terms with you could ask him/her to check whether he's listed as single or not, might be a good indicator.

I don't use facebook, myspace, or twitter at all...although I have all three set up...people set them up for me. I have friends on all of them but after awhile I just stopped replying to people and stopped accepting new friend requests...I don't wanta virtual hug or bumper stick or drink....give me a real hug, bumper sticker, and drink....doesn't make sense to me.

I would delete my pages if I could figure out how....but I'm just to lazy and its just as easy to ignore it....your guy could be the same way but if he uses it constantly and acts like he is avoiding you or the subject when it is brought up then maybe he is hiding something...I wouldn't worry though. I don't think a lot of guys are as serious facebook users as women are.

Have you looked at his Facebook page? I'm thinking he might have an ex on there he wants to hide you from.
    Spammer Spanker

Hard to say, either he thinks nothing of it or he's hiding something. If you want to find out you could set up a fake account and add him as a friend to see his page if its set as a private profile.

Is he at all shady in any way that would lead you to believe he's hiding something? Have you met most of his friends/family?
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenofCorona View Post
    Hard to say, either he thinks nothing of it or he's hiding something. If you want to find out you could set up a fake account and add him as a friend to see his page if its set as a private profile.

Is he at all shady in any way that would lead you to believe he's hiding something? Have you met most of his friends/family?
    Its that kinda sneaky stuff and traps that really bother men if they catch you...I wouldn't advise that...it just comes off as crazy and creepy....even slightly needy....I say just continue to ask him and tell him it really bothers you...push a little bit when he doesn't answer...if he doesn't give you a legitimate excuse then he probably is hiding something.

Not if he doesn't find out its her.

I'm not condemning it nor condoning it, just offering a solution.
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 19-02-10 at 11:54 PM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Change the subject back and get an answer. I know plenty of guys who don't do the fb book thing. But I'm in the place that I like having that known to the world he's mine and I'm his. So it's important to me that his fb is updated appropriately.

Though does it say "single" or is there no relationship status shown?

Probably because he doesn't want FB relationship drama. Doubt there's anything there and I'd strongly advise against trying to trap him.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it's not such a great idea to be friends on FB with the person you are dating. If things go bad, people start FB stalking each other.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Is it really such a huge deal that your friends on fb while dating? I mean seriously if things go sour and you need to not know you block. And who gives a shit if that's 'mean'. NC is NC including facebook.

I think it's sad to plaster love all over fb I also think it's sad that one should refrain from declaring a relationship on fb.

Try changing your relationship status to "single" and see what happens, Girl.

Edit: Of course, warn the BF before you do it.
    Last edited by Chupacabras; 20-02-10 at 01:41 AM.
    Keep your love life off Facebook, don't cheat, it's never too soon to make a move on a woman you like.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    WTF would I do that?

You do realize that you can take off relationship status of your page. Then no one will know when you update it or not. Are you saying that everyone will ask what happened? Yeah probably. But I'm also not an idiot to change it and have it advertised.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My sister's husband didn't add her to facebook, should she be concerned ?
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know lots of couples who don't for the record. But I can see how it people think it DOES matter. The only time it's no big deal is when both parties think and feel the same way. Probably much like your sister and hubby.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast