+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The classic "Is he interested or am I misinterpreting his signals"?

The classic "Is he interested or am I misinterpreting his signals"?

So here we go again.

This is where I ALWAYS mess up: I like someone and I think the person likes me too, but this is usally where I always manage to screw up by acting to aloof or being to aggressive.

So can you give me any advice so I won't make a fool of myself - again...

So there's a guy that I like, and I think he likes me too, but he gives me so many mixed signals. One day he is hot and the next he is cold. When he's cold, it's usually when other people are around, such as our course mates (we're taking the same course at uni). Then he just goes cold, doesn't speak to me and just walks away from me without saying hello or goodbye, but when we're alone or alone with his friends/few people around he talks to me and looks at me in such way that I get all dizzy. "The look" you know...

But his cold behaviour makes me confused, do you think Im imagining things?

Im pretty sure he doesn't have a girlfriend (although I havent asked him explicitly), and he knows for sure that I am single.

It's just those small moments when he looks at me or like the time he grabbed my arm on the train to stop me when he saw I was on the same train. Or the way he sometimes start to fidget and act nervous when Im around.

But why hasn't he asked me out, and what should I do?
    Im thinking, if he really was interested, he would have asked me out already! He has my phone number too.

Since the course is over we will not have any lectures in common anymore so we wont be seeing each other at uni anmore.

What you think I should do? Let it be and wait for him to contact me, or should I just ask him out myself?
    I asked guys out before, and it didnt turn out too well, so Im a bit cautious now.
    Don't want to seem to aggressive or desperate!
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

You left out a very important part of the story: How did he get your telephone number?

They paired us up for a project at uni, and I said "lets do some research and get in touch later" and he asked if he could take my phone number.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

It doesn't seem like he shows any signs he likes you. People usually focus on each other more when they are alone. It's a socially acceptable thing. Nothing weird about it.

If you like him, you probably have to make a move. Flirt with him if you don't feel comfortable asking him out.

If he does like you, he has a weird way of showing it. He sounds kind of cracked to me, actually, and I'd just leave it alone. You don't want a guy who blows you off, ever.
    Spammer Spanker