+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: birth control

there is no BC that is over 97% effective - if you were told something is 99.*% effective, then you were lied to. Condoms, most pills, and the Depo shot are all 97% effective. The main difference between them all is personal preference and how your body takes to it (some people have allergic reactions).

My personal preference is the Depo shot IF YOUR BODY CAN TAKE IT because 1) you only have to take the shot every 3 months 2) You will never forget to get that shot because your doctor will call and remind you 3) it is 97% effective, just like all the rest of things 4) No hassel of trying to remember a pill everyday or a stupid patch everyday 5) It will not get lost like pills will or come off your body like the patch will 6) You know your getting it done right becuase YUOU arent doing it, a Doctor is 7) No period or very little period 8) Moods swings lessen 9) Stomach cramps become absolete 10) No big hassel with stupid condom wrappers when trying to have sex 11) I HATE CONDOMS

I could keep going, but I am sure no one really cares anyway.

Condom/Pill/Depo -- They are all the same amount of effectiveness - 97%

Which would you prefer ? Its all about comfort and allergic reactions at this point with these three.

i hate condoms too
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

Quote Originally Posted by Frebbiezadyke
    i hate condoms too
    but you still find it in your heart to use them

good for you

you're going the std free route.

i think it was you that said you're 15..most that are already sexually active are stupid about it and dont wear condoms.

but you do. hooray

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

thanx hunny that really made me feel good...but sadly you can get std's from not jsut penitration...and i find it pointless that if im horny enought o give a guy oral to do it witha condom on...i ralry give guys oral but after words i always get worried...i get my self tested ever two mounths jsut encase
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    Condoms, most pills, and the Depo shot are all 97% effective.
    I'm generally disinclined to get into debates over birth control as long as the individual person considers their options and decides what is best for them, however I don't believe your information is accurate regarding condoms being 97% effective (again, actual results vary depending on the source). There are also the possibilities of condoms tearing due to misuse, age or more rare factory defects, coupled with all of the other factors that need to be taken into account. The most common figures I've heard are approximately 93-95% effectiveness for condoms.

I'm on the birth control pills. For the uh.. Can't remember how many months but yeah. I hate condoms. It's so muted. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. Anyway, I know all of you are just gonna be "You're young, you have to be safe". I know that but I'm only doing it with one guy and I know he hasn't got anything and I never missed a pill. Which I find quite amazing myself. Hahahaha.

I don't have time to go through and read all the posts, so I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this. If I'm repeating what someone has already said, then I apologize. If using chemicals worries you, and you don't like condoms or other exterior methods of birth control, I would highly suggest looking into FAM (Fertility Awareness Method). It's a totally natural form of birth control. All you have to do is learn to read signlas from your own body. I don't like condoms- plus there's the added pain of trying to find non-laytex ones that we can afford- and I do not have any desire to mess up my system with chemicals. FAM is working really well for me, and unlike the shot or the pill, it can work for you right away. All you need is a digital thermometer, a mirror, a calendar, and information on how the system works.

You can find a lot of great information online, and I would suggest [url]www.fertilityfriend.com[/url] to keep track of your stats.

I'm more concerned about you being on the shot at such a young age. It will end up messing up your development. I'm quite a bit older than you and was on the shot for almost a year. Bad, bad choice for me, I didn't get pregnant but I did end up having a 7 month non stop period because of it and then it still took almost a year after I got off the shot for my cycles to get back to normal. Saying you have too much muscle in your vagina to use condoms is total bunk! Use a condom even if on bc and use lots of lube...ex..KY preferably the liquid lube not the gel lube. You will find it works just fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Frebbiezadyke
    thanx hunny that really made me feel good...but sadly you can get std's from not jsut penitration...and i find it pointless that if im horny enought o give a guy oral to do it witha condom on...i ralry give guys oral but after words i always get worried...i get my self tested ever two mounths jsut encase
    i was being sarcastic..

development?..i stoped developing a long long long long time ago
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie

and you're 15?

i find this a little hard to believe

i have no grown in over 2 years read my prevoiuse post darling..although i was being sarcastic im sure in some shape or form im deveoping...i just cant see it or feel it...i am the same person i was 2 years ago in pics just some more life expearences...nothing anything phyical that u can see..hell im ready to go tthough metipaase...no peroid for the rest of ur life sounds good to me
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie

I use the Depo and its great. i havent been on it too long but so far i really like it. the moodswings were bad at first but other than that i dont see why anyone would not want to use depo. you loose your period, your protected from pregnancy, and you dont have to think about it every day.

as far as condoms go...USE THEM EVERY TIME!!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123