+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: birth control

birth control

like i said i got my peroid when i was 8 so when i started having sex it was a def concern of mine ( i didant want to be the only 14 year old with a kid) and condoms where simply not enough for me...i started taking the bith control shot it laist 3 mounths and its great and sadly i have had sex many time with out a condom (i know im stupid) and i have never gottom pregnet. this also means like for the past 3 years of my life i have been pumping alot of chemicals into my body. it also means i almost neevr get my peroid does anyone know anything better i could do i dont want the patch or the pill

or simply tell me ur opnion on taking birthcontrol
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie
    MY FORUM ~~~~~ www.****edforum.tk

Have you seen a doctor before getting the pills? If you do not get any serious side effects, maybe you should continue with that method.

Condoms remain the best option, because they are the most effective birth control method after the pills, and they protect against most STDs. I don't know what you mean by "not enough", but when used properly, condoms are about 99.9% effective.

Another option would be to use an "intra-uterine device". Which has to be placed inside the uterus by a doctor. It remains in place and becomes a foreign object that prevent the development of a fetus. This method has gone out of fashion, and I'm not sure they allow minors to use it.

After that, there's the diaphragm which is has to be put in place to cover the cervix. It's usually better if combined with spermicide. A lot of trouble in my opinion.

The spermicide sponge, like the diaphragm, is placed at the back of the vagina to block and kill the sperm before it gets inside the uterus. I have never used it and I don't know anyone who did. I personally don't like the idea of a sponge soaked with spermicide inside my partner.

If you're sexually active and aren't planning to have children, you should -definitely- continue using some form of hormonal birth control.

Assuming that you don't want the pill, the patch or the depo provera shot you're on currently, you might also want to consider the nuva ring. You can find more information about it on Google.

If you aren't in a monogamous sexual relationship where you know both you and your partner are completely free of sexually transmitted diseases, it would also be a good idea to use a condom every time you have sex. There's no excuse for simply shrugging that off because it may be an inconvenience, especially when it relates to the health of both partners involved.
    Last edited by Anthony; 14-09-04 at 03:19 PM.

Condoms would be the best I would think.
    But eh? at 15, methinks you're still developing, and the pills can't be good for your system in the long run (I could be so wrong at this)
    I would have to agree 100% with Anthony in that with a non monogamous relationship, condoms would be the way to go.

condoms are not 99.9% reliable in any way, even if used correctly..they are rubber and they do break. I've had it happen to me a few times and it had nothing to do with the kind of condom..it has to do with too much friction, not enough lube, etc..but they are definetly something you should wear anyways while being on a backup birth control as well. In my personal experience, the Depo shot is the best solution. First off the pill is not 100% reliable either, my mother got pregnant with my sister while she was on the pill, and other accounts like that have been recorded. The Depo shot not only is almost 100% reliable but you only need to get it every 3 months and it takes your period away..you cant get any better than that unless you wanted an implant in your arm for birthcontrol and I highly doubt you want that. I havent taken the Depo shot for quite some time as I get migraines and it seemed to make them worse, but in people who dont get them its a great option.

actually pills are good for your system. i don't think you want advice from me Frebbiezadyke because I think 15 is too young to be having sex.

Stay on the shot (DEPO Shot). I honestly think its the best form of BC. And I know alot of people who agree on this site.

thanx guys...i trie the girl version of condoms a couple of times 3 differant times...i hated them...they were so unconfertible and killed the expearence...and i wish i was still developing lol...i have been the same bra size for 3 years same goes for my hieght my body type and my clothes...sadly thats true i have been whereing ther same shoes i brought when i was 12 lol.
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie

Quote Originally Posted by Frebbiezadyke
    i trie the girl version of condoms a couple of times 3 differant times...i hated them...they were so unconfertible
    i can only imagine...i've heard it's basically shoving a plastic bag up there.

doesn't seem too comfortable, no.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

my girlfriend takes the pill and i use condoms...we just wanna be as safe as possible. if u can get pregnant while using all that than i'd say its fate.

lol the problem what that they were so thick and i work out (i know its weird) the musles in my virgina so there is no room for any of that lol
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie

Quote Originally Posted by Frebbiezadyke
    lol the problem what that they were so thick and i work out (i know its weird) the musles in my virgina so there is no room for any of that lol
    hmm..certainly a first.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

what do u mean?
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Frebbie

In regards to the post about someone getting pregnant while using the pill, there is always a one in a thousand chance of pregnancy while using either the pill or the shot (if used correctly), though antibiotics can increase the chances of pregnancy dramatically. I don't think it's necessarily fair to judge the effectiveness based on one incident.

I agree that condoms are far from ideal if you aren't on hormonal birth control. Adding to loveisbitrsweet's post, using two at the same time also reduces the effectiveness dramatically due to the extra friction which can cause one or both of them to tear.

I would sooner shoot myself in the foot rather than have a partner implanted with a five-year supply of hormonal birth control, with none of that concern relating to the very minor surgery involved.

The Depo Provera shot may be more convenient, though I have heard too many horror stories to be comfortable about a future partner being injected with that type of drug. While the pill may be slightly more of an inconvenience, it's really no different than remembering to brush your teeth twice a day.

Out of all the birth control methods there are I still find that the pill has been the most commonly used birth control method, next to condoms.

Like Anthony I know to many horror stories from the other methods that have completely restricted my views on them. Especially when these stories have happened to friends of mine as well.

Yes, condoms do have a chance of breaking, which is why the most effective method is to use condoms and birthcontrol.

If the original poster does stop using depo and doesn't want to use any more hormone drugs; then condoms are your safest bet. Its always good to have a prescription for the Morning After Pill, if your relying on condoms only.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast