+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just being a good friend or more?

Just being a good friend or more?

How can you tell if a guy friend likes a girl more than a friend? Things he would do or not do?

Hard to say...I think it depends on the guy...what makes you think he likes you? Chances are he does if he is your friend...guys don't generally just wanta be friends if given the opportunity for more...not that it doesn't happen just that I think the majority of guys wanta have more than just friendship with their female friends.

Why don't you try dropping hints or coming onto him...see where it goes.

Oh, it was just a general question.

Well I guess I'm the wrong person to ask because I'm an awful flirt...I flirt with pretty much every woman....sorry.

If it were me, I'd prefer the lady asked. However, it also depends on the situation. For example, I voluntarily "friend zoned" myself with a lady who knew I liked her well beyond that level, as I stepped aside voluntarily for the gentleman she chose over me (as I respected him). Unfortunately, in spite of the fact that I was clear about being platonic (I even specifically told her I would never touch her without her permission), she never trusted me and viewed anything nice I did for her as an attempt to "get in her pants." Several other people got involved as banal interactions at work between us were causing her to visibly get upset (her face would rapidly change between happy and sad) so to make a long story short, we are no longer on speaking terms.

So, not to scare you... But if you're not really "into" your friend, it may be better to leave the question unspoken if one or the other of you aren't capable of handling the possible fallout.

Is Miharu a japanese anime character?

Miharu is one of the readings in Japanese of my family name kanji/hanchya. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Japanese cartoon/comic.book character that had the name...

If you flirt with him and he reciprocates or if he frequently steals glances at you, he's possibly interested. If he does neither, move on.

Take your time. Do you two look forward to seeing each other? Do you loathe how he might be married/dating someone else? Does he make you feel like a human?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    If you flirt with him and he reciprocates or if he frequently steals glances at you, he's possibly interested. If he does neither, move on.
    There is an exception though: he might be too shy or lacking self-esteem, and therefore think he has no chance... I say this because it's happened to me twice already (as the guy). This kind of guys will probably get nervous like hell in your presence, see if you can spot that. xD
    Last edited by irrelevant_89; 08-03-10 at 01:17 AM.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    How can you tell if a guy friend likes a girl more than a friend? Things he would do or not do?
    A lot depends on the quality of the guy. Some would become more accommodating and inviting. Some would ask you out on a date. A few shy ones, may keep it to themselves.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~