+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Plenty of Fish?

n/a is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Plenty of Fish?

I am new to dating online. It's been several (five) years since I even dated anyone, so essentialy I am new to dating in general. i say this because I am 23. I have been looking into trying a free online dating site and feel very cautious; however, I'm not ready to pay for one, so I am seeing how these things work first. I tried Mingle2 and got no feedback. Two months after opening the account I still saw mainly the same matches come up. So I started looking around. Anyone tried plenty of fish before? what was your experience like? were online dating sites kind of weird to anyone when they started/ still is now?

any feedback is appreciated

With any online dating site your options are limited by where you live, so if you live in a large metropolis you'll have much more choices (and competition) than in some smaller towns. So I can't tell you anything about your prospects besides, go out and try to meet women outside of online dating. Don't use online dating as an excuse not to meet women on your own time.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

OkCupid is the best free online dating website. You should use that. It has a very well-designed matching system, lots of profile options including journals and up to ten photos, and more members than almost any other system.

I'll admit: I'm using it. I'm talking to several girls on it, too. I'm also getting preyed on by lots of pumas and cougars, though. I heard there are a lot of them in Vancouver... I think I'm gonna start calling it Vancougar.