+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met a girl online, don't know what to do...

Met a girl online, don't know what to do...

So I recently met this girl online. I clicked on her profile because her picture really caught my eye, she's gorgeous. Then I read her profile and got the sense she was also very driven and intelligent, which of course are very attractive qualities. So I sent her a message, and she responded positively. Last night, we talked online for two hours straight, and I'm getting the sense that she's very into me.

Problem is, even though her intelligence and stunning physical attractiveness are enticing to me, I'm getting the sense that we might not be a great match in the personality and sense of humor department, which is hugely important to me. I want to give this a chance and see where it goes, but she seems like the type that falls hard and falls fast, and she's clearly looking for a committed relationship. I just got out of a five and a half year long committed relationship about 3 months ago and am just barely starting to re-enter the dating scene, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, which I was up front and honest with her about.

So my question to all the ladies out there is, how would you recommend I proceed? I want to see where this goes, but at the same time I'm also afraid of leading her on if she thinks it's leading to something long term and I don't. It's not that I'm ruling out that possibility, it's just that I'm so freshly single and I literally just talked to this girl for the first time a few days ago, so for me right now it's impossible to think that far into the future.

Also, she seems to be much more career-driven than I am. It's not a problem for me that she's got a more professional career and makes more than I do, but I wonder if down the road it could become a problem for her...

Thanks for any insight

I wouldn't make alot of assumptions about her after two hours of talking to her. So why not get to know her better? Just make sure she knows that you're newly single and gun shy about committment. Yes, there is a chance she may not want to keep dating you if you say this, but it's best to be honest.

As far as career differences, you're right in that it could *possibly* cause a problem down the line, but again, it's too early to tell. It probably depends on the discrepency. If she's in a director-level role somewhere, and you're barely scraping by, it might be problematic.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Well that's just it, I don't want to make any assumptions, I want to just see where it goes, but I just don't want to waste her time if I'm not what she's looking for. And as far as the career thing goes, I'm getting by just fine, money's not an issue, it's ambition that's the major difference. I'm happy where I am and she's got huge plans.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should start with the assumption she is a perfect stranger you are interested in getting to know. The majority of attraction happens with physical cues, not verbal/written ones. You two may meet up and decide in 5 seconds that you aren't a match. Don't get yourself so worked up until AFTER you've met in person.
    Last edited by vashti; 22-02-10 at 10:35 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

definitely meet and do some benign friendly stuff. You dont really know compatibility until the 1st kiss. Ah...the power and magic of a kiss. The kiss was designed for us to find the right mate...as we would never stay with someone we don't enjoy kissing. It's true!
    Oh as long as you are honest and straightforward, she can make a decision for herself if she wants to play or stay. Good luck brotha.

Meet her in person and then see how it goes from there.

get over yourself...if she is career driven thats good but hey..dont believe everything you are told on the net..most always people make thier like seem more glorified than it really is..just chill out and go with the flow..if she becomes clingy just end it..simple