hi, this is my first post here. I never thought I would write any of these things on the internet, but maybe someone out there has a similar problem and can help me with mine ;-)

So, there is this girl I met on a junior high school trip, about six years ago (I'm 21 now). We became friends instantly, enjoyed talking to each other and life was good A few months after we met, I asked her out, which she was very happy with, we went to the movies, but nothing happened - to be honest it was a little awkward on both sides, so we just went on with being friends and never went out again (as far as I know, it was her first date ever, as well as mine). Shortly after, on a party when we had some time alone I told her that I really like her, we hugged, she seemed kinda confused and again nothing more happened, I didn't want to put any pressure on her so I left it as it was and we kept on being friends, never mentioned any of these situations when talking between us. I talked to one of her friends later, it seems that in that very moment she was into someone else, but I would have a chance with her if I had a good timing, as she really liked me. Junior high school ended, we went to different schools and our connection broke, I didn't see her for the next three or four years. One time we accidentaly bumped into each other she seemed very pleased to see me but it was just a couple of seconds as she was with another guy then and I was with another girl as well.

During this time I went out with two or three girls for a few months, had lots of one or two-time dates, which went well but I didn't feel like these girls were right for me. In general, I'm not a shy person and I love to be the one getting the most attention. I never had problems with talking to girls and meeting them, every week I go to parties and do very well. It seems though, that the more I care about someone the harder it is for me to get things right. If it's the girl I just met and don't know nothing about I'm like "ok, whatever, let's do it", and I just go with the flow, everything works perfect from the beginning to the moment where I want to end it. But when I meet someone special it gets tough, I get a little nervous and lose my momentum.

And here it comes... I know that she was in a big relationship for one or two years, which she just got out from a few months before (from what I know, it was her bf who broke up with her). Last year I started the uni and guess what: I met her in the bus going to the university campus, it turned out that all of our uni lectures are very close and we were meeting two times in a week in that bus. We found common ground very soon again, I got her number and we started texting and talking via IM often. We may have flirted a few times, but it was more in a joking way than serious. I was participating in an interesting university project, so I invited her to the team. She agreed and was very interested and happy with it. Now it's three months later, we met a few times on the project team meetings, one time we had some wine alone before one, and had a very enjoyable talk. She told me that she loves to dance, said about a dance party she really liked (she didn't know that I love dancing too, a few times girls told me I'm a good dancer, so I got really excited). This friday I invited our uni team to my house, we're going to work on the project and then I suggested we all go to a party, she loved the idea and said she would come.

Since we met again I'm crazy about her and would love to give a relationship a try. I want to let her know I'm interested in her in that way and would like to be more than just friends. On the other hand, I don't want to scare her off and make her go away, so I need to make it subtle. I'm not sure she thinks of me in a romantic way, but I feel she might and just have to give it a try. Do you have any advice for dating friends? How should I make my intensions clear without being too pushy? The party should be good, there will be a lot of my friends (she knows almost none of them), they are nice and friendly and will definitely help me There will be certainly a lot of dancing and alcohol involved, I hope that both will have a positive imact on the atmosphere. It might be my best chance, I need to make it right! Any help appreciated