+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend of 14 months is going to california for the summer without me

Girlfriend of 14 months is going to california for the summer without me

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here, usually end up posting in the wrong place when I jump in like this, anyway!
    My girlfriend's going away for three months this summer with a group of friends. I was really hurt when she mentioned it and confused that she wouldn't invite me along.:sad2 I know a few of the people from the group but they're mainly old school friends of hers. What do you guys think? I'm crazy about her and we have a very intense relationship, possibly to the point of meeting up too much, although it's usually her that asks to meet up.
    Do you think she just wants her space or what?
    I don't want to complain about it other than saying I'll miss her because I don't want to stop her from enjoying herself as she's very keen on travelling and I don't want to feel like I'm clipping her wings. I just want to know if this is a common thing for couples who've been going out for as long as we have. p.s she did suggest I could visit her but only after I'd said how much I'd miss her.
    Any answers much appreciated!

It would not be healthy to be in each other's pockets at such a young age (at any age actually).

I don't believe in fusional couples..yuo know people who are stck at each others hips all the time;..it usually backfires for lack of air...

You're both very young so who's to say that you'll be together forever...I would rethink carefully what this relationship means to you now.

Enjoy the time you spend together, be exclusive and failtful but do not deprive yourself from what you want to do in life (traveling, studying, etc).

What is meant to be will be and in the meantime as cold as this may seem do not get attached to her, protect yourself as there is a fair amount of chance that this won't be your last relationship...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.

That sounds like a recipe for disaster. I know you probably don't want to hear this, but I think you should break up for the summer if she's going to do this.
    Spammer Spanker

Maybe its time to take a break, if she really likes you, she will come back.