+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: no relationship = no sex

Either way, I'd say it's a pretty reductionist point of view. Like we're still animals designed to breed.
    Time to stop complaining when there is no reason to. Life's good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    Well I think guys, you should stop to make him happy if he doesn't want to...
    Metal, don't forget to come back in like 20 years to say how it is to be a '40 yo guy who never had a gf'.

Now for real. I needed to be ****ing heart broken to know how real love looks like. If my stupid ex bf wouldn't break me to the bone, I probably
    1.wouldn't meet my current bf
    2.I couldn't appreciate how lucky I am

and... my situation just proves that sometimes you have to be ass kicked A LOT to finally find the true love (i hope mine is a true love, it's over a year but it keeps getting better and better :p) AND to know how to be happy. You shouldn't take away that chance from yourself. BUT if you want to, go ahead, be sad and write poems about loneliness
    I don't know true love. How could I. I never said I do.

But being madly in love with someone time after time and not getting anything back hurts. You all know this, right?
    I've got a nice collection of one-liners that really left their mark.
    "I thought we were just friends" - the classic
    "Really? You?" - with a tone of voice that wonders if I was even capable of liking someone

And my personal favorite:
    "What do you bring to my life now?" - Like it was some sort of major problem.

And I've got a few others...

And if this really hurts that bad, why the **** would I want to risk getting hurt even more, after I have been with someone for, say, one year??

This goes for everyone:
    Don't judge me for decisions you don't agree with. You're in a relationship, good for you, I hope you live a long happy life together.
    But because you are in a relationship, doesn't mean I have to be too.

This topic was never intended as a question as to what I should do in my life. You kept asking the questions, I kept answering. I have no problem with answering questions, but don't tell me what to do or how to be happy in life. That's on me. I know what the consequences can be. That's all on me. Let me deal with it. I just asked whether my view on meaningfull sex was weird or not.
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

I agree completely with your view on meaningful sex. I hope you get to the point where that becomes an option for you, because I'm not hearing that you don't want it (which would be fine, your choice and all). I'm just hearing that you're too scared to try, and I think that sucks for you.
    Spammer Spanker

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think your reasons are dumb, dont get insulted or something, but its dumb. If you never try to actually WIN, you will always be a loser. Maybe you should start to think what to change in your actions instead of quitting all for good? that makes more sense to me ...
    but whatever. do as you want lol
    I wazzzz here

i think your reasons are dumb, dont get insulted or something, but its dumb. If you never try to actually WIN, you will always be a loser. Maybe you should start to think what to change in your actions instead of quitting all for good? that makes more sense to me ...
    but whatever. do as you want lol
    I have tried (just friggin READ my posts). I've tried and failed. That already qualifies me as a loser.

I just choose to take a different path because of this.

What's dumb about my actions...I've asked this question on every page and in almost every post in this topic, but I have yet to get an answer to it:

"If I try and fail every time why would I keep trying. How many times more must I get hurt?"

Like I said: don't judge me. Just because you don't agree with me, doesn't mean I am dumb.

My actions are my own. I like to think I am always respectfull towards women. I try to be a gentlemen. whatever.
    Failing is ok. I just don't want to be someone who keeps failing, just to prove something.

YES: My way of thinking is different from a lot of people
    Is it weird? Yes, probably.
    But this is MY life. It is mine to live the way I choose

If you can't deal with this, then that's YOUR problem. And YES, I will get mad, because you have no right to tell me how to live my life
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i didnt say you are dumb hon , said your decission on giving up is dumb, IMO.
    so as i said, do what you want, so many people here tried to give you advice on how to overcome this issue and you still dont want to listen , so just do what you want .carry on with your lonely life (because that is your choice on how you want to spend it).

The best things in life are the hardest to get.
    I wazzzz here

I got those too, Metal..In fact, things like.."You are not my type".."And what do you have to offer?".."Not that desperate".. lol..love that one!..What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..well, not all of us i guess..
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your logic is inconsistent. You can't fail at something you've never tried. You said you've never been in a relationship, never experienced love, so you cannot say you've failed.

You can say you've been unsuccessful at finding a GF, but that's a different problem. You want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, which is a limited way of thinking. It will affect other areas of your life as well. I'm primarily thinking about career. Its well known that married men are, on average, more [financially] successful than their single counterparts. That doesn't mean you need to get married to be successful, of course. The correlation is more to do with stick-to-it-ness. Those who can manage it in one area of their life tend to be able to do it in others as well.

Maybe you are gay. Have you considered this? Or maybe you are simply too busy to put the time into finding a GF right now. But that's a 'glass half full' attitude, which is better than your negative one.

i didnt say you are dumb hon , said your decission on giving up is dumb, IMO.
    so as i said, do what you want, so many people here tried to give you advice on how to overcome this issue and you still dont want to listen , so just do what you want .carry on with your lonely life (because that is your choice on how you want to spend it).

The best things in life are the hardest to get.
    What the **** makes you think I am lonely?

Just because I don't have a girlfriend, doesn't mean I don't have friends, collegues or family.

I have not asked for advice on how to deal with problems. This is because I don't have problems. I am not unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    I got those too, Metal..In fact, things like.."You are not my type".."And what do you have to offer?".."Not that desperate".. lol..love that one!..What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..well, not all of us i guess..
    It has made me stronger. Strong enough to make a pretty serious decision that will change a lot in my life. Just because I chose different, doesn't mean I chose wrong

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPhoenix View Post
    I have tried (just friggin READ my posts). I've tried and failed. That already qualifies me as a loser.
    Ouch! Thats not true.

Something good will come your way eventually. Just keep an open heart and open mind. Nothing wrong with having some walls built up in the meantime. Only you can live your life and know what is best for you. Live how you feel is best for you. I don't think you area freak or loser or weirdo.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh god, another 'choose different' without actually thinking about it. Or, thinking about it without enough data, to be precise.

LOL, have you considered getting your penis pierced?

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Your logic is inconsistent. You can't fail at something you've never tried. You said you've never been in a relationship, never experienced love, so you cannot say you've failed.

You can say you've been unsuccessful at finding a GF, but that's a different problem. You want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, which is a limited way of thinking. It will affect other areas of your life as well. I'm primarily thinking about career. Its well known that married men are, on average, more [financially] successful than their single counterparts. That doesn't mean you need to get married to be successful, of course. The correlation is more to do with stick-to-it-ness. Those who can manage it in one area of their life tend to be able to do it in others as well.

Maybe you are gay. Have you considered this? Or maybe you are simply too busy to put the time into finding a GF right now. But that's a 'glass half full' attitude, which is better than your negative one.
    The glass isn't half full....The glass is to big

Trying to be a part of something and not succeeding is called failing.

If I try to race in a GrandPrix race, and I have been unable to qualify in the required time, then I have failed to race in the GrandPrix.

Failing is another word for "not succeeding"

I know I am not an interesting guy. I can deal with that because I like who I am and what I do.
    I don't give a shit about statistics. Statistics don't mean anything to the individual.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    say what you want but read it in 20 , 30 years when youll still be single, when your family and friends will be gone

and dont get so offended buddy, its not good for a heart

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Oh god, another 'choose different' without actually thinking about it. Or, thinking about it without enough data, to be precise.

LOL, have you considered getting your penis pierced?
    I have given enough reasons to choose different. I can understand that you don't agree with them. You just haven't given me any convincing reasons to change.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you ever thought that perhaps your methods of persuing are all wrong? I mean are you "falling in love" with friends? Are you stalking cute girls then asking them out on dates? It would seem like you do not know HOW to persue a girl. That or you are persuing the wrong TYPES of girls.

I think you say at one point you are not that good looking. Okay, lots of people aren't that pretty. So in that case are you trying to score with girls that are wayyy out of your league? Are you only intersted in gorgeous girls? I'd like to know how exactly you "fail" time and time again.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast