+ Follow This Topic

Thread: first date started wonderful, didn't end super well

first date started wonderful, didn't end super well

I have this friend (definitely not friend zone) I've known for a while, but there has always seemed to be an attraction towards each other. Today we met for coffee and right from the start things seemed to be going great. We got coffee and took a walk, the conversation was good, and the silences weren't very long and weren't awkward. I touched her, and made her laugh a lot through just saying funny things and teasing.

When we got to her apartment things went well at the start too, and we started watching a movie. She started getting closer, and at one point she adjusted herself and touched her elbow to mine, holding it there for a considerable amount of time (she was laying down). Here's where it went downhill, or rather NOT uphill. After a while for some reason the tension was suddenly gone, I could really feel it. She asked if I was hungry, I said no, and she got up to cook some food. She'd come back and sit with me again, but I feel like because of her being in the middle of cooking it sort of ended the vibes. I sort of stopped the teasing, as there wasn't much talking going on because of the movie. I seemed to be getting boring and more like a friend, dammit.

Once the movie ended we talked a little bit but then I left. The goodbye hug was pretty good, I held on tight and long, then stroked her back as I let go. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, I just hope I didn't leave her thinking I'm a pussy. It just bugs me, it was starting off better than I even expected, then ended without even cuddling, which is something we've done together once.

can someone please give some insight? think she had a great time too?
    Last edited by OhSuzy; 28-02-10 at 02:28 AM.