+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Serious question - I'm a contrary fellow

Serious question - I'm a contrary fellow

Why is it that men and women have two different standards when it comes to relaying the truth of a matter?

We are all human, are we not?

I say this because I've seldom met a woman, whether friend, lover, or whatnot, who I could say was capable of putting aside gender differences (despite protests otherwise, mind you) and treating any situation gender irrelevant.

(I say this all because my first best friends were a pair of unshapely gals with a whole lot of heart and not a whole lot of social graces.... in synch with me. We learnt from one another to the extent that I could manicure nails like a pro just based on earlier lending/helping hands. I taught them how to light a fire from a water soaked log's inner cambium)

The pair of them would still most likely defend me till my death, but couldn't name a specific counterpoint to that effect.

Nor could I for them...

They're all ****ed up, the same as me.

Yet I remain still capable of logic and personal responsibility, and they blame everyone but themselves. If they're blaming themselves, they're doing a hell of a job pretending otherwise.

Cross gendered friendships.... I've somewhat abandoned them in my 30's.

How do you feel about cross gendered frienships?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I really enjoy the company of men, but at some point, I find myself curious about what kind of lover they'd be. I don't know that you are supposed to be thinking that way about your friends...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You do, when they're of opposite genders...

You wonder..

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like having girls as friends. They're your friend, but the boobs and ass etc are like little bonuses.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Works out fine as long as you can distinguish the nice ones from the bitches and don't get swallowed up in gossip circles - I find that girls tend to be more interesting to talk to and solid study partners, and haven't thought about their looks which some will probably find to be refreshing compared to all of the über-horny clubbing guys.

a lot of people prefer to blame anyone but themselves. men and women. i don't think it's a women thing, i think it's a people thing.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

There are so many things that you can learn from one sex that you can't from the other. Its kind of imperative to have both to some degree. How many awesome people have you met that have written off the opposite sex completely for their own reasons?

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I enjoy all people I resonate with, regardless of gender. But the inevitable sexual tension b/t opposite-gender friends used to bother me more than it does now. I used to see it as some weird betrayal. I like to think I've grown up a bit since then and realized that was entirely my perception problem. Now I accept that its pretty normal for attractive, intelligent M-F friends to admire each other. How could it be otherwise since you like each other enough to be friends? Its cause to feel flattered, nothing more.