+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Flirting with a shy girl

Flirting with a shy girl

Hey,

I've never done this before and succeeded. Any approach or flirting tips would help.

One point: I have never met the girl, I just know from mates that she is shy/cold (but they are pricks).

Cheers,

Have you ever talked to her or gotten to know her before this proposed meeting?

If not, why are you keen to flirt with someone you've never had contact with before?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "Shy" and "cold" are not really the same thing at all. Shy girls are worried about saying the wrong thing and making an ass of themselves, but they are receptive to flirting. Cold girls just aren't interested. You will have to talk to her to determine which type she is.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    Have you ever talked to her or gotten to know her before this proposed meeting?

If not, why are you keen to flirt with someone you've never had contact with before?
    No, I'm going to get to know her. I've found her attractive for a while now, but there have been easier girls to approach at the same time.

I was told by my mates that she would be a good match for me. Talking to her will make me aware of what she is really like. Call it a crush...

So your pelvis has done the voting and you want to know how to proceed.... It's all clear now.

If you want to flirt with a shy gal, you have to shyly flirt.

ie. Very passively.... lots of double meanings... leave her to work out what you actually meant because your strength was in subtext and not overt pick up lines.

Being shy isn't necessarily a bad thing... it just means that the filter is more stringent.

Or you could dispense with the flirty bits and just be yourself... hoping that she likes you for you.

You sound like you're trying to get down her pants by tricking or deceiving her into it.

Reserved people are reserved for a reason.

It's best to be yourself and hope for the best.

Maybe she'll find you to be the cat's meow. You never know until you're there.

Or you could bring alcohol into the mix....nothing loosens a person up like booze...of course I'm not meaning take advantage of her, I simply meant for reasons of conversation.

So your pelvis has done the voting and you want to know how to proceed.... It's all clear now.
    You underestimate me. I don't care if she won't have sex with me. One of my things is that I must find my partner attractive. I'm looking for a relationship, the sex can wait until I'm 20. However, it's a rite of passage to have a girlfriend, and it means more to me than just getting together with any girl.

Or you could dispense with the flirty bits and just be yourself... hoping that she likes you for you.

You sound like you're trying to get down her pants by tricking or deceiving her into it.
    You can flirt and be yourself. I want to show interest after getting to know her a bit.

Do I really sound like that? If I am I better sort myself out. I'm not one of those guys, I'm just a normal guy who hasn't succeeded yet .

Smile and say, "Hi," to her everyday so she begins to feel comfortable with you. It's not a good idea to approach her and let her know you are interested right away, stick with subtle flirting at first.

Notice something nice that she is wearing and compliment her on it. Try to compliment her once a day so she catches on to the fact that you are interested in her.

Take it slow. When you notice that she is beginning to feel comfortable you should try complimenting her on a physical feature. You don't want to do this right away or you could scare her.

Ask her questions about herself and her interests. Shy girls find it easier to talk about things they are interested in so you should act interested and pay attention.

Find a common interest. If you find something in common let her know that you are interested in it too. She will feel more comfortable if she knows you share the same interests as her.

Let her do the talking. If you talk to much you may make her feel overwhelmed but if you come across as a good listener that is genuinely interested in what she has to say she will feel more comfortable hanging out and flirting with you.

Ask her out on a date. Choose an activity you can do to together instead of a more intimate date. It will take the pressure off of her and you will both have fun if you choose something active like playing pool