+ Follow This Topic

Thread: help! i think theres someone else, strange behavior with my boyfriend

help! i think theres someone else, strange behavior with my boyfriend

okay. heres a quick background story.

boyfriend and i first dated for 3 years back in highschool/college. we were deeply in love but spent too much time together, which lead to arguing and we broke up after 3 years. we kept in contact the whole time still having sex and still going on dates. i couldnt take him not committing fully to me so i got up and left and moved to california for a year. while i was there he still told me he loved me and to come back and be with him, so i did. that was in october.

we've been together and fine ever since. but this weekend he started acting weird. hes in a frat. and we never talk during the week because he goes to school 45 min away and i let him have his guy time and time to himself.

i call him friday after not talking to him since sunday, when i dropped him off after I BOUGHT US A WEEKEND AWAY IN DENVER AND WE WENT TO A NUGGETS GAME. but anyway. i call him and he acts too busy to talk. i get upset because i havent tried talking to him all week and when i do i cant get a minute of his time. we fight and he says hes not at fault. that im the one making the problems up in my head and that i make myself mad. he says that i just require more than he does. he promises to call back. he doesnt, instead i get a text at 1 am and i ignored it since i was out.

saturday night comes and i call him for the first time after that text. he ignores me completely all night after a bunch of texts and calls. sundays here and he answers finally at 6. he says he just passed out last night becayuse of some pills he took. and he woke up a while ago but didnt think to call me back after he saw all my missed calls. he says hes busy playing tiger woods and promises again to call back after i hound him about calling me back. 6 hours later no call.

whats going oN? please help

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some old woman once told me there are two things you should never run after: a man or a bus, because there is always another one coming.

You are not a priority for him. Accept that, and then decide whether or not you are okay with that.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't think there's someone else, it's all in your head. Just give him some time - maybe he has some problems he has to sort out first? - and after that he'll talk. Good luck.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

Quote Originally Posted by bcc123 View Post
    he says hes busy playing tiger woods and promises again to call back after i hound him about calling me back. 6 hours later no call.

whats going oN? please help
    Is he playing a Tiger Woods golf game? Or is he keeping up with ten other women on the side? Tiger is now famous for both things.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

haha, tiger woods is a golf game. and i understand but sometimes i feel like im being pushed aside ya know? he ALWAYS calls when he has something to do, and makes any excuse to get off the phone with me in less then 5 minutes because he hates talking on the phone apparently. idk anymore

Is there any reason why you should stay with this guy?
    Spammer Spanker

YSC is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Honestly, I think you should ignore him for a week or two. If he is giving lame excuses like busy playing a video game, something is up. I am not much of a talker on the phone myself as I text more often. Any phone call that is made is usually under 3 minutes unless it is with my girlfriend, I could stay on the phone for nearly an hour. Regardless of that, I even play Call of Duty and text/call my girlfriend. But anyway, I would say keep contact to him to a minimum and if he wants to talk to you, have him call you first. Keep yourself busy with friends and school and you will be alright.

I think what he is telling you is bullshit. they are just cop out excuses..if a guy really likes you they will make time to talk to you and talk to you more through out the week. I think you need to distance yourself from him, use less commmunication with him to make him work harder. Don't get mad at him when he calls you back at times when its "convenient" for him..just pretend everything is ok, because that will make him think "wow, shes actually not mad at me..does she really care?..why is she not upset?"
    My bf is in a frat too, so I completely understand how it can make you feel nervous and what not when you dont hear from him. Only call him once.....and if he doesnt answer..keep to your world and let him call you back..the more times you call him the more he is going to know that he has you, thus he will work less for the relationship. if there is one night when he says hes is going to call you and doesn't..let him walk a mile in your shoes and you do that back to him one day...trust me it will get to him. I always have this rule..lets say one night i am hanging out with my bf..and when I am getting ready to leave and he tells me that he will call me tomorrow, if i dont hear from him all day and he calls me around 9pm..after that i wont answer the phone...it is not acceptable for a guy to say he is going to call you and then wait til 9pm...and then if he keeps calling..i wont answer it for the rest of the night and the next day when he calls back and wonders why i wasn't answering the phone or didnt call back i just tell him that "I figured he was busy and didnt want to bother him"