Hello. My name is Peter and I live in Edinburgh.

My problems began after I left school and became dependent on the Internet. I had a few jobs at the beginning of my adult life that didn't work out for whatever reason.

I was diagnosed with autism in 2007. Now for many years, I behaved in a way that many people would brand "retarded" or something. I would often try to laugh something off, as I was not sure how to reply or react to whatever people said or did. This, of course, is where the "retarded" part comes into effect.

I meant well, but people couldn't understand me. I only tried to fit in, but I felt like I only irritated those around me, with my love of 80's music and just because I was always a little on the shy side, and unsure of how to read people. While everyone else was getting on with their lives, I was cutting myself off from the rest of the world.

During my long run on the Internet, I have frequently used the alias of a female character in a horror game. In the beginning, I believed I was unfairly banned from several forums, and I was betrayed by people I trusted. I protested against it, only to make a bigger fool of myself.

I had some success as a webmaster in my own right, but the people who didn't like me seemed to be in cahoots with the politics and bad boys from all these video game giants, so my reputation was tarnished, and they stopped me from having the same degree of online success that they had. They also harassed my sister during a brief period where she stuck up for me, but she had the will power to ignore them and move on, whereas I could not do this. Then in 2008, they made a page about me on ED.

I actually ended up being a bigger jerk than they were, as I went out of my way to bug them for all the grief they had caused me, thus making me seem like the primary baddie.

Yet I soldiered on, and had considered "retiring" from the Internet. So I thought it through, and realized that to retire would be like giving up or letting them beat me to the punch. So I remained active. But sooner or later, they would do something else to wind me up, and of course I had to get the last word in, because their actions annoyed me. Now I get anxiety like symptoms, which come with a general feeling of being too hot when indoors.

My personal life has been just as bad, with some girls cheating on me and not having the guts to tell me when they're simply not interested in having a relationship. This has often left me puzzled, disappointed, hurt, and occasionally angry. But I only wish these girls would just forgive and forget. In recent months, my three female friends Mary, Laura and Linzi have (by coincidence) been treating me in the same horrible way I dreaded they would, if I initiated contact with them.

One of them happens to be posting on a free board, as Lucky. And she's not happy that the head admin has allowed me to post there.

Do you think I should contact InvisionFree about it?