+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She heard me cry...

She heard me cry...

A week and a half ago my woman and I had an argument, which led to a "breakup" and "start-over" a few days later.
    We are both mature mid-late-30s with 2 kids. We were pretty upset when we broke up. I was particularly messed up, and had to take 2 days off work to clear myself.

I felt like a freakin wimp, because the day after we broke up, she called me like every 30 minutes to check up on me....to make sure I was okay. I cried over the phone, which I felt really embarrassed about. I have never let anyone see or hear me cry....and I feel so unmanly. Now that we are back together, starting over, I feel that she saw a side of me that was never meant to be seen. I feel so weak, and I told her I feel strange being with someone who has seen the worst of me. I just feel uncomfortable about it. She told me if crying was the worst thing I could do, then she is not worried, because men do lot worse things than just cry. I don't know...I still feel like I embarrassed myself....

For you ladies out there, would it bother you if your man cried in front of you? Would you think of him as being less manly?

K

I'm not a big crier myself...in fact its been probably 5 years since I've cried at least...but thats just because it takes a lot to make me cry not because I consider it unmanly. Especially in the situation you were in...I mean it isn't like you were watchin a lifetime movie and having a good cry...don't really get "good cry"...if I'm crying I hurt a lot.

You need to relax, crying is a normal response and I don't think women mind when you cry over stuff like that.

I think your ok here.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I love men that are able to show their real emotions, even cry. Of course I wouldn't like to be with a crybaby but if a guy has a good reason to cry and he does it, I have much respect for him.
    I wazzzz here

I wouldn't bother, really. I'd rather he cry it out than bottle it up inside.

Sometimes it's just good to have a good cry once in a while. You are human after all.
    To reminisce won't bring you back, just look ahead and hold on tight.

Don't be silly of course you cried you had a life and two kids with this woman and you thought it was all coming to an end. If that happened to me I hope the guy would show some emotion and cry. It's not unmanly to cry, if you was crying for a stupid reason than o.k you'd be a wimp but you are not trust me don't worry about it.x

Stop fussing over crying. I've done it before over women but when you care for someone (and they care for you), they are going to love you unconditionally no matter what. Like it was mentioned above, a man crying is a good indicator of his emotions and that he at the very least is in touch with them.

Instead focus on "what went wrong" and YOUR approaches to fixing that all. You're lucky you have a second chance so make the most of it!!!!