+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I feel like sharing this...

I feel like sharing this...

I'm continuing my 'story' from this thread: [url]www.loveforum.net/ask-female-forum/38217-she-likes-me-right.html[/url]

So I was seeing a girl up until about two weeks ago. We were getting really close and all, no problems there. In total we sent each other over 450 messages and met as often as possible which was easy because we are in the same school... She's eighteen years old (I'm 19), but she has one of those parents who wants her home every night before twelve o'clock and doesn't want her to date random guys. You know... the overprotective type who thinks she can control her daughter, when she should be making her own decisions. I already had a feeling this might become a problem but I was ok with it for the moment, although I told her her mother shouldn't be the one in control at her age and she agreed with me, but seemed powerless.

Then (after a week or so) we decided I should come over to her place during the holidays, which seemed like a great idea because then I could finally meet her mother in person and gain some trust, which, while not solving the actual problem (her mother being overprotective), would at least make our relationship a bit more comfortable. Unfortunately, her mother intervened again (she had done this before on multiple occasions) and told my girl she had to go see her grandpa or something, so the date got 'cancelled' (again). This really pissed me off and I let her know. I explained I wouldn't keep on letting her mother get in the way of our relationship (which wasn't really a relationship just yet but whatever) and that I was not going to keep on agreeing on dates if she was going to cancel them every time. I was really angry at her and she said she understood but added she couldn't help it.

Later that day I was feeling bad for being so hostile so I called her again and asked if I hadn't upset her. She said she understood how I felt and she would make sure I could meet up with her later on. The same evening she sent me a message asking me if I wanted to go see a movie the next day, but I had different things planned already. I proposed several other days but she had plans as well.

A few days later I sent her a message if she could come see me at school after the holidays. She said she was too busy with school and had some plans with her mother, so she wouldn't have much time the following weeks. I was fully aware she had been going out with some of her friends though. I don't believe she was lying but I know it wasn't about her being too busy either. This was a clear sign to me her attitude towards me had changed during the holidays, but I didn't want to judge her and her situation just yet, so I left her a final message saying I (genuinely) missed her and was hoping we could see each other again soon.

And that's it. I haven't heard from her since. Two weeks may not seem like a long time but knowing at first we spoke to each other every day, not hearing from her for two weeks is not good. Sure, I felt miserable the first few days without her but the longer she didn't contact me, the more I was willing to just move along. There are plenty of other girls out there and I'm not depressed or anything like that. I'm just wondering what the **** really happened...

If she does all of a sudden get in touch with me again she better have a good explanation because I'm just angry at her right now.
    Last edited by GCXXXX; 08-03-10 at 01:57 AM.

You've most likely been turfed.

You were angsty about her mother and not readily available after.

She has probably moved on.

450 messages to no contact in 2 weeks means she's not fussed anymore.

The fault has yet to be worked out though.

Attacking family members early on in a relationship is a lose/lose situation at any rate.

I never attacked her mother. I wanted to meet her mother and clearly said so. I was available the whole time accept on a few specific days. I only got hostile when she kept on cancelling dates and me being pissed because of that was, imho, completely justified.

Whether your pissy-ness was warranted or not (I probably would be pissed too.) doesn't matter. You challenged her world and she turfed you.

The fact that she hasn't admitted or been forthcoming over this action should be a reaffirming indication that you don't need her, either.

Haha, ok, thanks for your thoughts. I guess you are probably correct. Anybody else with an opinion about this?

In my opinion, overprotective mothers come from Hell. It was one of those devils that brought about the end of my first relationship. The next time you realize that the girl you are seeing has one, turn tail and run.

I don't understand what's up with her (or her mother for that matter). All was good at first and all of a sudden she stopped contacting me.

her mother probably got to her. She has much, much more experience in manipulating the thoughts and feelings of her daughter than you do. Additionally, she has financial powers, with which she can make threats as a last resort.

Her mother's constant pestering finally got to her and she realized a guy who bickers (warranted or not) probably wasn't worth the stress.

But overall, I don't think I did anything wrong...

Are we bickering?

Oh no, not at all. I was just wondering if I made any specific mistake.