+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I over reacting?

Am I over reacting?

Okay on facebook, my boyfriend keeps adding people he doesn't know, like they'll ask to be his friend and he always adds them without knowing who they are, and most of the time 75% it's girls who add him. Now I know he's not going to cheat on me, he loves me but he's so clueless on what does this say about him? My friends are going to be like " who's this chick he's friends with?" And she has this half naked picture of herself. And for these strangers to be able to see photo's of me and my boyfriend ect. I don't like the idea of strangers seeing in my life, we both have our facebooks on private. He doesn't make any moves to HIDE this, he just thinks that "whatever! who cares , they wanted to add me so I did". We share a computer so all of our passwords are shared and we don't have problems hiding things cause neither of us do (he'll probably see this at some point too).

Now am I over reacting? It makes me feel crappy inside, like my bf is adding all these hot girls to his facebook where all mine and his friends can see and they may not know that he is faithful but it looks bad and I don't like the way it looks either.

I think this might have a lot do with your security of your relationship and with yourself. You keep mentioning all these "hot" girls are friending him for you and your friends to see. Are you not looking forward to the shit you will get from your friends and their outspoken opinions? They should know better than to really get on your case about things if everything else is going alright.

It reminds me of the time with my ex when she would see photos of me and a friend that was a girl that just takes millions and millions of pictures whenever you are out or around her. A lot of that had to do with the fact of how unhappy she was in the relationship and it further heightened it when her friends gave her shit for it. It made things worse all around and bred distrust, something that you don't need.

At the same time, I can understand from a privacy point of view that friending random people isn't cool especially with the repercussions you can get from schools or employers being able to view your private life.

I reject people I don't know all the time. I wouldn't say I get loads of hot girls doing it for me, but what is the point? For an ego boost?
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

I would say cmacattack1 you're probably pretty right about my feelings in the relationship. Long story. My friends would never say it to me or give me grief over it, but I know what I would think if I saw it reversed.