+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Musical Memories

Musical Memories

What do you do when one of your favorite songs was "your song"?

One of the things my most recent ex and I shared the most together was our similar tastes in music. We both loved Ray Lynch, and would listen to his music together frequently. She was also the one who introduced me to ColdPlay by showing me the song "Cemeteries of London." It instantly became one of my favorites. Ever since we broke up, though, I haven't been listening to it. It speaks to me in a lot of ways, but one of them became a deep intimacy that we had. It's been months, and I'm still afraid of the memories it might stir. I'm sure I'll be able to enjoy it again, eventually; I just wonder how long it will take.

Anyone else have this dilemma?

Yes. All love songs destroy me right now. Especially "our song"

mel2208 Guest
    its called the healing process... Everbody is different. It could take a while but life moves on and im sure in time you will be able to listen to the music again and you will be ok.. Its very hard going through this stage..Been there myself and i couldnt listen to anythin that reminded me for months..but after a while i was fine..im sure you will be too.

well i broke up with my boyfriend and our song was one of my favourite songs and i could listen to it with ease the next day, goes to show i did the right thing i imagine!!
    Last edited by kisswithafist; 11-03-10 at 10:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

My ex and I had nearly identical taste in music, so there were lots of songs that we could've made "our song." Makes me glad we never chose one, ha....Oddly enough I haven't had trouble with any of the songs or bands we both loved and listen to together, the only song that's bothered me so far was one that I never heard until AFTER the breakup...